• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stop Hitting Me in the Face!!

WishICouldFly

UO Future Pork Chop
How fitting that this is in a Firearms thread...:D
But seriously, that makes me have second thoughts about marriage...hehe...

Oh, BTW, for those Left-eye right-handed people, I'm one of those, too, and at Ft. Knox, they told me to shoot left-handed. It definitely reduced eye fatigue, since you don't have to block out the dominant image looking from the side of the rifle.
Only gripe I have with shooting the M16-series left-handed is the fire-select switch is only on the left side, so you have you reach your thumb across the pistol grip to switch fire modes...not handy for time-critical situations at all.

Cate

Pretty much invincible
Dating a psycho is commendable...?:confused:
Actually having a psycho ex when one talks about a psycho ex is commendable. I never trust anyone who talks about a psycho ex because it generally means a) "She got pissed when I wouldn't actually pay attention to her ever," b) "He couldn't read my mind," or c) "I drove him/her crazy." To say "psycho ex" and have an ex who is actually psychotic is impressive and rare.

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
@Bates: Holy shit. I've dealt with crazies, but...shit.

@Devil Dog: I don't know about other states, but in Florida, involuntary institutionalization can be accomplished with the Baker Act, also known as the B-52. It can be employed by police officers, medical doctors, and psychologists (this is one thinng a PhD/PsyD has that a LMHC with a Masters does not.) If someone has lost their shit (technical terminology there) so much that they are a threat to themselves or others, one of the people with Baker Act powers can (and I think legally must) B-52 them. This puts them into an institution for 24 hours or until the staff says they are good to go.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Only gripe I have with shooting the M16-series left-handed is the fire-select switch is only on the left side, so you have you reach your thumb across the pistol grip to switch fire modes...not handy for time-critical situations at all.

They make an ambidextrous selector switch. Its about a 10 cent piece of metal. If you were a bearded door kick this would be an easy fix for your armorer. They don't care to much about the range weapons...

BigRed389

None
Actually having a psycho ex when one talks about a psycho ex is commendable. I never trust anyone who talks about a psycho ex because it generally means a) "She got pissed when I wouldn't actually pay attention to her ever," b) "He couldn't read my mind," or c) "I drove him/her crazy." To say "psycho ex" and have an ex who is actually psychotic is impressive and rare.

Wow...you even bothered to go out of your way to make it apply to BOTH genders. Commendable. :D

MasterBates

@Devil Dog: I don't know about other states, but in Florida, involuntary institutionalization can be accomplished with the Baker Act, also known as the B-52. It can be employed by police officers, medical doctors, and psychologists (this is one thinng a PhD/PsyD has that a LMHC with a Masters does not.) If someone has lost their shit (technical terminology there) so much that they are a threat to themselves or others, one of the people with Baker Act powers can (and I think legally must) B-52 them. This puts them into an institution for 24 hours or until the staff says they are good to go.

Zilch, if you doubt her insanity, I'll pay you to mow my lawn and you can judge for yourself when she opens the garage for you to get the lawnmower out...

And the Baker act is what was used in her case, both times.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor

Thanks for the info ... but pops and the crazy beotch live in WA ...

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
Zilch, if you doubt her insanity, I'll pay you to mow my lawn and you can judge for yourself when she opens the garage for you to get the lawnmower out...

And the Baker act is what was used in her case, both times.

I don't doubt her insanity at all. So, what's the deal with the lawnmower? I gotta hear that...a double Baker Act. Shit.

MasterBates

She gets tickets from the city for not mowing the lawn. Instead of mowing the lawn, she sends the tickets to her lawyer, who sends them to my lawyer who sends them to me..

WTF am I supposed to do? Fly to JAX and mow her friggin lawn?

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
So do you pay the tickets? Why are you involved in lawn mowing drama if she is living there?

MasterBates

Non monetary tickets.. Some random city ordnance. I have St. Agustine grass up front so it must not have been touched since I mowed it in November to be more than 6" tall.

Her court order states that I am resposnible for maitnenance and upkeep of the house.. Why she cannot mow WITH A SELF PROPELLED, PERSONAL PACE MOWER. is beyond me. Less than 1/4 acre of grass to deal with.