• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stop Hitting Me in the Face!!

FlyinSpy

Mongo only pawn, in game of life...
Contributor
..with ejected brass. As a left handed shooter, firing any black rifle is something of a pain, since I'll occasionally take a casing in the cheek or eye. (Always a reason to wear safety glasses when shooting.)

I saw an ad for these guys in the American Rifleman: http://www.stagarms.com/leftyrifles.html, makers of fine left-handed rifles. Anyone have any experience with them? The basic reviews I've seen sound good, but until I saw the ad I'd never heard of them. Any feedback welcome!

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
A shooter I knew back at USNA (a civilian) had one. He had nothing but good things to say about it. I can't really say much about the accuracy (or variance), he was a helluva shot so everything he shot was dead on. It seemed to be really well made too. He bought it for the same reason, he said he hated getting pegged in the face with the occasional hot brass.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Funny thing is, the nub behind the ejection port was put there for left hand shooters. I've heard the same thing that you're complaining about though, that it doesn't really work and you get hit a lot.

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
STAG makes quality parts! My entire lower (reciever and parts) is STAG and I am really happy with them.

Lawman

None
STAG makes quality parts! My entire lower (reciever and parts) is STAG and I am really happy with them.

Concur.

Got some experiance using STAG AR's during some of that LEO firearms training and I was impressed by the level of QC they put in that rifle for the cost of it. When I bought my AR, the only reason I got a Rock River over the Stag next to it was that one had a flat rail (RR) with flip up rears and the other was a standard A2 top. Deffinately a quality weapon that you can count on.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Funny thing is, the nub behind the ejection port was put there for left hand shooters.

Are there any AR's with the larger deflector found on the 9mm uppers? Seems like that would help more with the lefties...

Spot

11.5 years and counting boat free
I have the same problem on the rare occasion that I go anywhere to shoot and when we would qual with the shotgun in the squadron.
So on the whole shooting leftie or rightie (I am right handed, but am left eye dominant), is there a way to change which eye is the dominant eye?

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Wear a patch. No joke. I did for a summer to get rid of the problem. And you get to look like a pirate!...:D Or just shoot with your left hand.

MasterBates

It is often easier to train someone to shoot the other hand..

My ex-wife was left eye dominant, right handed.

I taught her to shoot left handed, and she is actually a decent shot...

jride200

I suppose you now wish you hadn't made her such a crack shooter? Watch out MB . . . better keep sending that alimoney money in her direction. BTW, I too am left eye dominant and right handed. I've spent terribly little time shooting guns, but in the future I'll have to try shooting left handed.