• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stats and Scores

GuinnessGurl

Me in a nutshell...

Female - 27 yrs old
Prior Enlisted (3 yrs ago): 5 yrs HM2(AW/SW) 8406,8409,9502, and MTS qual'd
EP's on all evals
Current: Adjunct professor at ODU and full-time grad student
AQR/PFAR/FOFAR (3 yrs ago): 6/6/6
OAR: 59 (3 yrs ago)
ASVAB: 91 (8 yrs ago)
SAT: 1290 (7 yrs ago)
ACT: 32 (9 yrs ago)
GRE: 1010 (3 yrs ago)
GPA: Undergrad: 3.1 (While enlisted and deployed twice for 6 months)
Grad: 3.77 for the first degree, 4.0 (so far) for the second
PRT: 49 push ups, 118 situps, and about a 12:15 run...not really sure where that puts me, as far as score. I can tell you that I used to get Outstandings when enlisted...so I have some work to do.

Choice: Aerospace Physiologist (MSC)

Pro Rec'd for As Phys (MSC) on October 2, 2008.
Anticipate commission as a LTJG upon graduation, in December 2008.

Advice: 1. Get your hands in as many extra-curricular activities as you can. Prove that you're leadership material, you're well-rounded, and you're highly capable of multi-tasking efficiently.
2. Join a professional organization or...ten. Nothing says, "I am serious about wanting this job" more than you devoting your own time and money to support a professional organization that is in the same area of interest.

How did I get into this nutshell?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Just a reminder to help out the next guy...remember to put what you applied for and were accepted for. Thanks.

The Management.

exo

22 Years old
3.1 GPA Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering
7/7/7 61
43 Hours Flight Time
PRT Excellent Low all

Applied for SNA
Pro-Rec'd SNA

Inexorable

Sitting in Purgatory
24 year old civilian.
3.06 overall GPA in United States History and Political Science.
7/7/6 56
Year and a half of NROTC.
Worked through college. Spent two years as a Resident Advisor.

Applied for SNA and NFO.
Pro-rec'd for both in October.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
26 M
2.55 GPA (boo) Aviation Management-Business Minor University of Oklahoma
2 Years of NROTC
2 Jobs while going to school
4 LOR's
HS and College athlete (football and soccer)

ASTB 8/9/8 57 (1st time 5/6/6 50)

Apply SNA/ SNFO

Inexorable

Sitting in Purgatory
sad that I have to ask this but what does Pro-rec'd mean on your packet??

"Pro-rec" means your package has gone to the board and you have essentially been selected. It is the major competitive aspect of the application process. Think of it as a cage match where your folder dukes it out with the other folders for the prize, i.e. a slot to attend OCS.

Once you are Pro-rec'd, you have to submit medical documents, got to MEPs, pass your PRT and wait for a "final selection" letter. When you get that, you swear in and get an OCS date. Then you go through OCS, which according to what I've read is full of rays of sunshine and happiness.

grant_davis

How long can I possibly wait between pro-rec and final select? I am 99.9% sure MEPS is going to tell me I need PRK and I know there is a 6 months minimum between the surgery and waiver... I asked my OR today and he said he was not aloud to tell me to get surgery... Not sure exactly what this means, he may be telling me to get it now or he may be saying he wants MEPS to tell me to do it... I am doing the BDCP so I have some time.. I think...

GPA 3.67
Major: Marketing and Management
LOR’s Two Army O5’s (Good Friends) Dean (Also my employer) Former Employer (Retired AF)
6 5 6 49 :(
November Boards...

srqwho

pilot
I am not BDCP, but my first meeting w/ my OR was early Jan 08. Had PRK mid Jan 08. Was up for and got selected on the June boards. Went to MEPS early July. Got final select late August.

grant_davis

Wow, That is great to hear... I think my plan is to wait until selection, then head to MEPS. If they tell me to get it ill have it done that week, do all the paperwork and then put in for final select.... I just didn't know if they would take away my recommendation for failing at MEPS