• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stats and Scores

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
25 years old - Glider/Sailplane experience

ASTB: 7/7/7 60)
SAT: 1190
GPA: (HS) 3.4
GPA: (College, degree in Theater (!) Design/Technology) 2.8 (yikes, we all have a weak point right?)

LORs: Navy O-5 Helo pilot, O-5 SWO, O-4 E-2 NFO, Master Chief, ANG F-16 O-5, B-52 Nav O-5, College Sailing Coach, Hockey Referee Supervisor

Haven't taken PRT yet.

Other crap no one cares about: College Sailing Team captain, Frat Business Manager, Rock Climbing club pres, VP of Discipline for a youth hockey referee's association, minor pro ice hockey referee, MWR employee sailing instructor, yadda yadda yadda

Applying for SNA... soon.

annie8080

certified college nerd
20 years old (21 tomorrow :party_125)

no prior service
no flight experience

College GPA: 3.74 (International Relations/PoliSci)
ASTB: 6/6/6 57
ASVAB 98
PRT: 100 sit-ups, 39 push-ups (i know i know), 11:25 run
Applied direct for 1. INTEL 2. SWO 3. NFO, but I don't know yet. I go before the April 15 board.

MISC: I have a year left of college. I never played high-school or college sports but still Chuck Norrised my PRT for my age and gender brackets (thanks to running and kayaking as hobbies). And I drive a sweet 1989 Saab that my dad and I assembled from junk yard parts. It's a gem.

nzachman

Yeah, well. The Dude abides.
Stats:

7/7/6 60
3.38 Physics Ohio State University

LOR: Former boss, O-2 USAF, O-5 F-16 ANG, Squadron Commander CAP, Flight Instructor

Other Stuff: Cadet Commander in CAP 1.5 yrs, C/Capt, 2007 OHWG Encampment Honor Officer, some HS sports and awards, Guest Services Supervisor at a Troon golf course.

Flight Experience: ~165 Hours, Private/Instrument, CAP Transport Pilot

As you can tell, I spend a lot of my time with Civil Air Patrol

Applying BDCP SNA April Board

Good Luck to all!!

Nick

smustang51

Why's the Navy run time so much slower than the Marine PFT time? Hell, it's half the distance.

My fastest 1.5 PRT was 8:58 with most falling in the 9:40 range, but I don't ever recall running close to a 21:00 3-mile for a PFT (maybe 22:00+).

It's because the tests were done at completely different times in my training as far as being ready. I took the Marine PFT about 3 months after the Navy one and had run a lot since then. Incidentally, I did get selected in November for Navy SNA (21 June 08 OCS date) with a run time of 9:20, I've started sprinting so I'm hoping that will pay off in getting that time down to a sub 9 number.

sickboy

pilot
Current NROTC MIDN with 1.5 years enlisted experience as an HM(FMF)
Major: Mechanical Engineering
2.92 Gpa
Excellent medium PFA

Have yet to take ASTB

bluesig1

sure thing
None
Major: criminal justice and homeland security
GPA: 3.0
ACT:24
extra curricular activities: SIGMA CHI, president of Austin Peay Rugby Club, Student government senator, two work scholarships, community service, criminal intelligence unit intern

ASTB: 49 5/6/6
LOR's: spec ops cwo'4 pilot, my professor and retired colonel pilot, R.O.C.I.C. intelligence unit director.
good low: prt scores
applied through BDCP for SNA, NFO, INTEL, picked up for NFO 09/15/2007

* They must have had a slow month to select me,lol:D

PA-28III

Pro-Rec SNA with BDCP
Degree: Flight Technology with Flight Officer Specialization.
GPA: 3.7
ASTB: 7/8/7/53
PRT: Excellent Low
LOR’s: One O-3 S-3 pilot reservist, One O-6 NFO, and One 747 captain who was a P-3 Pilot O-3 I believe.
PPL and I almost have my Instrument Rating (Should complete it in May)
Applying for BDCP SNA only

joemcspeed

DAMNIT, I have been waiting to post here.... and now that it's time, I have to post after this overachiever!:D Anyhow, The suck will have me back. Little do they know, they aint getting rid of me anytime soon.

Prior Service (Sgt)
ASTB: 5/6/6 51 (courtesy of 2wks with barrons)
LOR's: No aviators, just professors, Managers, and Senior NCO's w/ NJP's
PFT: 292
4 regional waivers: Tattoo, Assault, Assault, Speeding

I think the "I'm a killer, and need a home" essay helped a little. I appreciate the invitation to your community. Now I just need to prove I belong here.

errr kill

phrogpilot73

DAMNIT, I have been waiting to post here.... and now that it's time, I have to post after this overachiever!:D Anyhow, The suck will have me back. Little do they know, they aint getting rid of me anytime soon.

Prior Service (Sgt)
ASTB: 5/6/6 51 (courtesy of 2wks with barrons)
LOR's: No aviators, just professors, Managers, and Senior NCO's w/ NJP's
PFT: 292
4 regional waivers: Tattoo, Assault, Assault, Speeding

I think the "I'm a killer, and need a home" essay helped a little. I appreciate the invitation to your community. Now I just need to prove I belong here.

errr kill
I don't care who you are, that's funny.

PigzFly

21 y/o Male
Kinesiology Major
3.4 GPA
8,7,8,68 ASTB
3 Professional Interviews (2 O5's, 1 O6- All aviation community)
5 LOR's (professors and advisers)
Weak PRT (86, 68, 11:50 - Still a bit heavy from playing college football)
Extra curriculars - full time work, college athletics, youth hockey coach, club sports...

-May board applicant

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
Pigz I'm on your six!

*re-submittal*
22 y/o male
Music Industry Major (I know.)
3.3 GPA
7, 8, 8, 58 ASTB - 2nd time
LORS - really helpful

Applying SNA, SNFO, SWO 15 MAY board.

PigzFly

"Im bringing him in closer"

"Ill hit the brakes, he'll fly right by!"

Not bad scores for your second time, JT. What were they the first time? Good luck again this month. -- Get a 15 May Selection Board thread going.

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
They were 6, 7, 6, 53. We'll start it up soon, I just don't want to do the starting...it's a bit early and I don't want to build the anticipation any more than it needs to be built I set myself up for major disappointment when I wasn't selected.

mcdwf398

23 yrs old
(First Time)
ASTB 7/7/8/ OSO told me there was no 4th score and I should get off airwarriors... ;-)
ASVAB 93
SAT 1260
GPA (High School) 2.8
GPA (College) no idea I have transfered twice...probably around 3.0 cumlative
Double Major Anthropology & History
No prior flight experience (Might try to squeeze in an accelerated Private License)
LOR's
2 employers
1 NSA white house advisor
1 software engineer under DoD contract (top secret can't tell me anymore than that)
3 Professors
1 Scoutmaster (also a PhD)
1 Principal/teacher/employer
1 E-4 USMC