• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

State of the Union Reaction

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Webb? Webb is for sale. He's not the same person you read in his books or his biographies, and I know you know that Sir. That James Webb is dead and voters should view him as a "new" man on the scene with no reliable history.

Uhhhh, okay. Care to expound on the above statement? Just becasue he doesn't agree with you means he is a crook or worse? Please, enlighten us with your wisdom.........:icon_roll

lthackston

At lease the cliché "The state of our Union is STRONG" wasn't uttered tonight...

I'm not going to get into the political debate on this primarily b/c I don't have the time to read everything. I just wanted to comment on this statement. Yes, he did say it, only last night it was at the end of the speech rather than at then end. Gotta mix it up somehow.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Squorch, Do you believe John Kerry earned his 3 purple hearts in 90 days in a legit manner?
I don't see what bearing it has on the State of the Union, or any other topic in this thread, so mods, if you want to split this off, I suppose we can talk about it elsewhere.

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
I don't think the solution to this is attacking the credibility of anyone. Attacking Kerry, Webb, or Bush for that matter gets us no where.

I say we save the political mudslinging for the months leading up to the election. This country needs to entertain ALL ideas and strategies for 'winning' in Iraq and 'defeating' terrorism; from those on the left and the right. It doesn't matter where the hell good ideas come from, so long as we recognize and employ them.

No doubts about it, we're in a shitty situation. All I am saying, is that amping it up and stepping forward seems a hell of a lot more promising (in the long term) than backing out; at least at this given point in time.

If anyone wants to jump in and lay down a logical argument as to how pulling away is a good idea in any way, manner, shape, or form, please do so.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
If anyone wants to jump in and lay down a logical argument as to how pulling away is a good idea in any way, manner, shape, or form, please do so.

Cricket cricket ..... cricket cricket .... maybe the silence is a sign, just a thought

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Cricket cricket ..... cricket cricket .... maybe the silence is a sign, just a thought

Too tired and going to sleep right now.......but for a start, kill this guy:

NYOL40207261822-big.jpg

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I saw Newt Gingrich (who I'm a fan of) on TV tonight and he made some really intelligent points about the whole pull out vs. stay debate. He basically framed the issue in such a way as to make the people who advocate a withdrawal explain how they intend to deal with the huge sh!tstorm it would create. Until they have a good answer to that, the whole proposition is a non-starter. Admittedly, choosing to stay is a lesser of two evils scenario, but I don't think some of the defeatists have really stopped to consider what would really happen if we pulled out.

Brett

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
Too tired and going to sleep right now.......but for a start, kill this guy: [Al-Sadr]

Precisely, tactically we should be killing as many terrorists and suspected terrorists as we can, and finding out where the money is coming from and "stemming" the flow. (I'm looking at you Iran)

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
Too tired and going to sleep right now.......but for a start, kill this guy: [Pic of Al-Sadr]

I garuntee he'd call off his dogs if we just bought him that new set of teeth he so desperately needs.

Pitchlock

pilot
The irony of the situation is the democrats(and now some republicans) blast Bush for not having a plan for the peace after toppling Sadam. Now the democrats are advocating retreat (aka redeployment) with no plan for the 'peace' that our withdraw will somehow acheive.

Pitchlock

pilot
I would argue that the war in Iraq has had little to do with that fact. The work of our government around the world in concert with our allies, some of the improvements at home, as well as the everyday vigilance of American citizens has done this. Not our involvement in Iraq. How has the invasion of Iraq helped our fight against terrorism? I think it has done nothing to help us. And for those who argue that we are fighting the terrorists over there instead of over there, I can argue just as effectively that we are jsut creating more.

Path of least resistance. Its easier for those who desire martyrdom to go to Iraq than go to the US. They still get their 40 virgins and don't have to buy a plane ticket.

I would like to see some evidence that we are creating more terrorists.