• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

State of the Union Reaction

greysword

Boldly lick where no one has licked before
Possibly the funniest thing I have read on this site . . . thank you for brightening up a day spent mind-melding with the SIPRNET . . .

If AW is read on the SIPRNET, would all this information considered classified and unmentionable outside of the secure area? ;)

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If AW is read on the SIPRNET, would all this information considered classified and unmentionable outside of the secure area? ;)
If I could read AW on the SIPR, my Tactics project would never have gotten done . . . or at least my partner would have been beating me about the head and shoulders and telling me to stop screwing around . . .

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

SIPR, too bad it is not on JWICS (TS/SCI). Many knowledges would be known by all.......

tk628

Electronic Attack Savant
pilot
To approach this from another point of view... I will lay out a few caveats. I do not support a withdrawl, I voted in the last election, I did volunteer to serve (albeit, before March of 2003).

Flash, I think you were right on. How will more troops help? The fundamental difference lies in what are we fighting for, and what are they fighting for.... See 'Vietnam', does anyone even know our mission anymore? Is it to combate terrorism, or spread democracy and peace to Iraq? Or was it just to take Sadam out of the picture? If the concern was terrorism, why dont we go blow some sh!t up in Iran, we are already pretty close, right? Show them we really mean business and such.

OO OOO and this is one is the kicker, how is it determined when you have ultimately defeated an enemy that has NO country of origin, NO distinct markings, NO predictability, NO ability to negotiate, NO rules of engagement, and a seemingly unlimited supply of reasources.....because that is the war the American people are signed up for in a "war on terrorism." WAIT my bad.. there was the whole "Mission Complete" S-3 carrier landing thing; maybe that was a mistake? Its like the song that never ends...it just goes on and on my friend...some people started singing it... aw sh!t I hate when I do that...

As far as the 'State of the Union', refer to the famous quote, "a house divided against itself can not stand." I watched the highlights, and read the reviews, from what I gathered it was basically a display of groveling to the left, "sorry for d!cking you for the past 6 years... but please please please keep following my impeachable (i mean impecable) leadership." It seems as now there is a system of checks and balances again, streamlining things through is so 2004. Keep in mind back in 2003 Iraq was only going to cost the American people $2-3 billion, lastes figures I have seen $415billion todate, with an average annual increase of 20%.

Do I know where to take things now? No, not saying that I do, but I havent blown $300million on a presidential campaign yet. What I do know, is the country needs change, whether it be leadership, direction, the weather, we need something to bring the consensous of the American people to a united front.

As far as the protection of American soil... are you bonkers!? We could send the whole American population to Iraq and it still wouldnt be safe here. No matter how many times they cavity search me in my SDB's while traveling, only to let the guy in the turban behind me right through at the airport, will the country ever be safe. Safer? Maybe but how do you judge it? They have new 'pledges' daily and our inteligence cant keep up. You have trucking, rail, busses, totally unregulated... or private aviation... there was a cessna that crashed into the Freaking white house like 1995ish!? The thing the American people need to be told if you really want to rule the country in fear as it has been the last couple years, is no matter how many patriot acts, no matter how many rights the government impinges, there is nothing they can do to truely 'protect you' from the terrorists, because if someone really really wants to do something, they are going to do it people, plain and simple. I'm sorry but if they are going to die anyways, I don't really think people look in the mirrior right before they are going to blow a bus up and say "hrmm maybe I shouldn't do this because I'll be breaking the law"....

One final point on this which has turned into more of a rant, a sentiment which has recently become less profound, but I'm sure we all remember the days of 2004ish when we had a buddy who spoke out against Iraq, and the country labeled those people as "traitors, treasonist, idiots" How is it that the fundamental building blocks of this country have gone to sh!t.... free speech is free speech with limited adedums (you cant yell fire in a crowded building, ect)... I sorry if the administration didnt like it that they didnt have the backing of 100% of the American people, but come on, the ability to publicly express opinion is what made this country great...

Everyone will always have opinions, they are like a$$ holes, everyone's got one, and they usually stink. With opinions however normally comes creativity, ideas, cognitive stimulation for problem solving. I dont care if you dont like the way I think, I am not a traitor, a treasonist, ect. I am American, and as one it is our duty to question, as a member of the fighting forces, it is our duty to follow, but also understand the implications... notice I didn't say agree.

For the record I will voting for the right in the next election, I just dont think the dems have any idea what the hell they are doing...

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
...No matter how many times they cavity search me in my SDB's while traveling, only to let the guy in the turbine behind me right through at the airport, will the country ever be safe...
When will the politicians listen?

This country won't be safe until they stop people carrying engines from boarding planes!

tk628

Electronic Attack Savant
pilot
It was a long sleepless night.. but you know what I meant....

Nevertheless those people carrying engines are something to be very concerned about, and I just don't see the TSA paying any attention to them... its probably because they only have 2.9oz of liquid, in a sealed 1qt clear plastic baggie

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
He's practicing for when he has to get up early to hit Baker and Stevens again.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
tk628 said:
To approach this from another point of view...
Damn. I didn't understand your well reasoned post. But I am old, so perhaps that's it. Please indulge me, if I may, .... but I THINK you said :

Everyone = opinions = assholes = everyone's got one = they stink.

Did I get it right ??? Sometimes it's hard to understand the younger generation when they open their mouths and speak. :D Thank you.

tk628

Electronic Attack Savant
pilot
Brett's brevity filter: "I really don't know what I'm talking about, but you all stink." :D

Brett

Not at all man...my point was merely looking at the glass from another angle, though I am sure a select few on this board actually do stink... ;)