• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

STA- Who wants it?

53Crewman

FY09 STA-21 Pilot Alternate
I dont think that this is a "sorry" thread. I think its a good topic and people can learn from it. It is a jacked thread and in the wrong section, though.

Nose

pilot
Ok.. so we agree that driving under the influence and smoking pot are BOTH illegal. Why the different punishments and different views on them? Shouldn't both have the same punishment if both are illegal?

Murder and jaywalking are both illegal. Same punishment for both?

MasterBates

Excessive speed also kills many people. As does driving while yapping in a friggin cell phone.

Should the CO kick out people who get a 10 over ticket? 20 over? 30 over?

How about the person who gets a distracted driving?

Or the person charged with hit & run because their car hit another car and kept on going (even though they were at work, and could not have been driving it)?

Zero tolerance, 1 size fits all is moronic.

IF you get a commission, I weep for those that work for you.

You will be that guy who writes up a stellar performer who is 10 min late ONCE (perhaps with good reason) for UA the same as a shat-bag that never comes in on time and is 2 hours late.

k_smittay

I wasnt tryign to get at all this. I was simply saying that drinking and driving is a huge problem in the navy and C.O.'s should have more tools at their disposal. No I don't believe in heming someone up for their first mistake, espeically if they are a 5.0 guy/gal. Their is no excuse for 2 dui's ever though. All of you need to not take this so personal.

cyristvirus

STA-21 FY08 College Dude
I agree that the DUI thing is a huge deal. What do you guys think about the PRT deal. We just had a guy kicked out of our command due to the fact he was over the weight/hight standards. They guy worked out about every day of his naval carrier and was practically starving himself. We had others who were higher in rank then him and were also over weight that didn't get the boot. What do you guys think?