• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

STA 21 FY13 Stats and Scores

A.H.

"Billy the Kid"
Willy P, don't let your ASTB scores worry you. When I talked to a local officer recruiter recently, she said 6's and an OAR in the upper 50's was competitive for pilot... on the other hand, us NFO hopefuls need to be in the 7's with low 60's OAR. Of course this was just their numbers for FY12 OCS applicants, so it doesn't quite represent the numbers for STA-21.

Remember, it's much more important to be well rounded than to score high on the ASTB.

DiscoMav

FY 13 STA 21 Applicant
Little off subject but I noticed people saying on the other fy13 thread that selectees were told they made it before the results were posted-- anyone know how soon beforehand they were told? I'm gonna start pacing in front of my CO's office... just in case he has good news for me.

Willy P

FY-13 Pilot Applicant
Willy P, don't let your ASTB scores worry you. When I talked to a local officer recruiter recently, she said 6's and an OAR in the upper 50's was competitive for pilot... on the other hand, us NFO hopefuls need to be in the 7's with low 60's OAR. Of course this was just their numbers for FY12 OCS applicants, so it doesn't quite represent the numbers for STA-21.

Remember, it's much more important to be well rounded than to score high on the ASTB.

During my CO's interview, he wanted me to have 8's or 9's. This is coming from a Commander who made all 9's on his ASTB. During my interview board, however, an officer recruiter told me that if I were submitting an OCS package with those scores I would have been selected.

Hopefully it will also be competitive for STA-21.

exNavyOffRec

Actually a person getting selected for OCS with a 6 is quite rare, competitive is actually an 8, the form that has been spread around hasn't been updated in years, I have first hand knowledge of this.

A.H.

"Billy the Kid"
^ Thanks, I feel more comfortable trusting you, the SME, on this than the recruiter I talked to over the phone.

exNavyOffRec

^ Thanks, I feel more comfortable trusting you, the SME, on this than the recruiter I talked to over the phone.

To be fair he/she just looked at something they were given, those of us that were in officer recruiting for a while were able to see the "new updates" and how they never changed.

DiscoMav

FY 13 STA 21 Applicant
Well... spent whole day off obsessing(thanks a lot, Columbus). I need to be working to keep my mind off of this thing. It's cruel, really... I mean, they already know who they've chosen and we are made to wait. COME ON! I'm gonna make this threat and stick by it-- I'm holding my breath until results come out. I know what you're thinking-- you'll pass out and resume breathing before anything serious could happen-- oh yeah, let's put it to the test. Who are these so-called "scientists" that provide us with this information anyways?!? Seems flawed. And here we go... 1... 2... 3... (Holding breath now and still able to type... Multi-tasking... Booyah! Take that board members!)

Blues1946

FY-13 IW applicant
RATE: AT1​
APPLYING FOR: IW (Too old for core, and first time)​
EVALS: (Oldest to Newest): EP, MP, MP, EP, P (frocked first class)​
SMART: 66​
COLLEGE: 56 Chrs (AA)​
HIGH SCHOOL: 3.71 GPA​
AWARDS: 3 NAMs, 2 Good Conduct, Tons of community service (next time will have a MOVSM! If there is a next time)​
TIS: 12 yrs​
SAT: 1090 (560 Reading, 530 Math)​
WARFARE QUALS: AW/SW​
PRT: Outstanding and Outstanding Low​
LOR's: 1 Flag and 1 from CO of the Blue Angels and 1 LCDR​
Can anyone tell me how much my horrible ACT score will affect my package? Worrying about all the things I can't control

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
Can anyone tell me how much my horrible ACT score will affect my package? Worrying about all the things I can't control

Look at last years stats forum. I think somebody posted some board precepts. That should give you an idea.

Also, ACT scores are one of the things that you can control. If that is what you are talking about.

DiscoMav

FY 13 STA 21 Applicant
With all the rumors of the results coming out soon, I think the persons that have participated with this thread should inform us as to whether you made it or not-- that way future STA-21 applicants will be able to see the stats of those that made it and those that didn't. What do y'all think?

Willy P

FY-13 Pilot Applicant
With all the rumors of the results coming out soon, I think the persons that have participated with this thread should inform us as to whether you made it or not-- that way future STA-21 applicants will be able to see the stats of those that made it and those that didn't. What do y'all think?

For sure. Hopefully I will one to post up that I made it. I'm getting to the "losing sleep" stage of waiting for the results.

Blues1946

FY-13 IW applicant
Look at last years stats forum. I think somebody posted some board precepts. That should give you an idea.

Also, ACT scores are one of the things that you can control. If that is what you are talking about.
Well, I can't control it until next year if I am submitting another package