• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

STA-21 FY08...Where do you want to go to school?

k_smittay

As I've said in another post I'm trying to goto U of Arizona. Next choice is Colorado Boulder, and finally Minnesota. I wanted a California school, but tuition is too high. So far the only NROTC to respond my emails is U of A.

You need to call them. E-mail won't get you very far. They are all very helpful on the phone.

Flamedog

Freshly stashed Ensign
My situation is similar to OneBadSSS. Already accepted to ODU (first choice mostly due to owning a house here and the military-friendly credit transfers). With all my prior college, military schools, etc. I'm sitting on 98 credits that transfer to my degree (120 credits). Add Calc.II and Naval Science courses and I have 32 credits left. I should graduate in Spring 09. I would much rather finish at ODU than lose half my credits at another University where they won't transfer over.

OneBadSSS

FY08 STA-21 Pilot Selectee/Currently at ODU
My situation is similar to OneBadSSS. Already accepted to ODU (first choice mostly due to owning a house here and the military-friendly credit transfers). With all my prior college, military schools, etc. I'm sitting on 98 credits that transfer to my degree (120 credits). Add Calc.II and Naval Science courses and I have 32 credits left. I should graduate in Spring 09. I would much rather finish at ODU than lose half my credits at another University where they won't transfer over.

Only 32 left, man I'm jealous! It was brought to my attention that I missed two classes that I need to take and also forgot to account for BOOST credit that I'll get to satisfy another one, so I'm looking at 66 transferable and 64 left to complete. That puts me at a graduation following the FALL '09 semester!

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Those of you that are looking to make it out of college in the least amount of time possible are lame...there, I said it. Barring any max age issues, your goal should be to milk this out for all its worth.

Lightning26

#1. ERAU #2. JU #3. OU

I have been in Aviation my whole career and I love it so that is why I am going for a aviation major. Plus it gives me the most credits:) I only have two years to finish my degree.

I plan on visiting these schools over the next couple of weeks, so if I notice any major pro's or con's I will post them.

If anybody is currently a OC or has been at one of these schools, I would like to hear anything good or bad you have to say.

EM1toNFO

Killing insurgents with my 'messages'!!
None
Those of you that are looking to make it out of college in the least amount of time possible are lame...there, I said it. Barring any max age issues, your goal should be to milk this out for all its worth.

Thank you.. I, first off, don't "already" have alot of college credits that will transfer.... I will graduate in May 2011.. and then I turn 31 on June 1st.... 2 or so weeks later... I'm gonna ride this train all the way home....:icon_smil

OneBadSSS

Thanks for stating the obvious, but some of us don't have that luxury! ODU NROTC requires that you be enrolled in a MINIMUM of 15 credit hours per semester in the Fall and Spring and 12 credit hours in the summer. So that makes it impossible for me to complete my degree in more than 4 semesters because of how many transfer credits I already have!

mh53eflyguy

Stashed...again.
My #1 is ERAU. The plus side is I only need 16 classes to graduate. Any of the other choices will lead me to fall behind, so hopefully, they will let me go with my #1 (plus, I'm already enrolled/transferred, I and already have the degree plan signed!

From past experiences, how often do they not accept the first choice?

FMRAM

Thanks for stating the obvious, but some of us don't have that luxury! ODU NROTC requires that you be enrolled in a MINIMUM of 15 credit hours per semester in the Fall and Spring and 12 credit hours in the summer. So that makes it impossible for me to complete my degree in more than 4 semesters because of how many transfer credits I already have!

I started this program with over 100 credit hours and we have the same 15 hour requirement. I now have over 160 (120 to graduate) and I will be here for another year. It can be done. The easiest way to milk it out is to change or add a second major. Also, if you convince your COC that you need to take Pre-Calc before you take Calc 1, then that is an extra semester right there.

OneBadSSS

I started this program with over 100 credit hours and we have the same 15 hour requirement. I now have over 160 (120 to graduate) and I will be here for another year. It can be done. The easiest way to milk it out is to change or add a second major. Also, if you convince your COC that you need to take Pre-Calc before you take Calc 1, then that is an extra semester right there.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree then because unless you're getting a Master's degree out of the deal, I think it's silly to be completing all of those extra courses just to stretch your time at college. Unless ofcourse you idolize Van Wilder?

FMRAM

I actually do idolize Van Wilder... I am getting a double major, but I really am milking it for all it's worth. STA-21 is the ultimate shore-duty. While I am excited to get commissioned and head off to API next year, I am enjoying where I am at too much at the moment. What I have come to realize, is that getting commissioned/SNA is the cake, but being a day student (with all it's benefits) is the icing on the cake.

k_smittay

1. CU 2. NM State 3. ODU if need be

I would have gone to ERAU but I think their tuition is ridiculous, and I do not feel like paying student loans for 5-10 years. Plus I would like to use this as a good oppurtunity to get away from a Navy town and enjoy my "shore duty" college.

k_smittay

I actually do idolize Van Wilder... I am getting a double major, but I really am milking it for all it's worth. STA-21 is the ultimate shore-duty. While I am excited to get commissioned and head off to API next year, I am enjoying where I am at too much at the moment. What I have come to realize, is that getting commissioned/SNA is the cake, but being a day student (with all it's benefits) is the icing on the cake.

I have to agree. Enjoy your time.

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
Doesn't the letter from the STA-21 folks say we have to take at least 15 hours a semester?

Just thought I'd throw that out there.