• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

STA-21 FY05 Hopeful

Status
Not open for further replies.

NukeWife

Smiling like I mean it
STA21pilot said:
My family and I were able to find a nice home in CO and are planning on closing escrow early next month! It’s about 10-15 min from the campus and is in a great location to set-up base.
I hope everyone else is doing great. I know FC2spyguy is out there in BOOST now and so is etnuclearsailor and of course NukeWife’s hubby. I know all of them just because of the volume of support and insight they post to all of us acceptee’s and the new hopeful’s. Please keep your and our spirit’s up as we continue to reach for and live our dreams. Talk to you soon.

STA21Pilot

Congrats on the house, actually, we (well, I, since the hubby is at NSI) go to closing on our new house on the 31st.

I have to say that it's a little disheartening that my hubby gets a vacation to RI (aka NSI), while I am moving out of base housing, moving into the new house (and all the associated bs) while attempting to tame our 2.5 year old and 11 month old. You take a wild guess as to who's doing more work!

To any current/future applicants who may wonder...YES, your prior college can hurt you. My husband enlisted a little bit later than most people, and had a few semesters of college already under his belt. Some of his prior college grades weren't that great which prevented him from getting into his #1 and #2 choice schools.

In regards to getting accepted to a college, it didn't matter in the slightest that he has done incredibly well since being in the Navy, didn't matter that he graduated at the top of his class in the nuke pipeline, etc. It was very frustrating to get fed a line of bs from the NROTC contact at the school ("Oh, you'll definitely be accepted") only to be pretty damn surprised later. So, when it comes time to apply for colleges, if you have a less-than-stellar college record- just start from scratch, and don't attempt to transfer any prior credits (or at least wait until you're accepted to attemt to transfer credits).

My husband will be going to The Citadel, which wasn't what we had originally planned, but staying here in Charleston for the next few years isn't a bad thing, we'd end up back here for him to go through the pipe again after college, anyway. So, we get to buy the house and settle into suburbia...lol, dear god, I'm getting old.

Again, congrats and good luck to everybody.

STA21pilot

NukeWife said:
...I have to say that it's a little disheartening that my hubby gets a vacation to RI (aka NSI), while I am moving out of base housing, moving into the new house (and all the associated bs) while attempting to tame our 2.5 year old and 11 month old. You take a wild guess as to who's doing more work!...
I just have to laugh because I know my wife feels the same way. It's definitely one of those underappreciated aspects of military spouse's. So, thank you to my wife and thanks to you too...

STA21Pilot

Status
Not open for further replies.