• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

STA-21 FY05 Hopeful

Status
Not open for further replies.

fryguy022077

FY 05 HOPEFULS and STA-21 OC's :
Since I'm waiting for results to come out I figured I would post my stats to get some opinions on my chances (any feedback would be great!)
Im an ET2 (SW/AW) and have been in for 6 years. I was the satcom workcenter sup for the USS Enterprise before I transferred in Jan. This is my first package and I'm submitting for SWO/Core.
Evals: EP MP MP EP P (P was after only 3 mths on ship, and three evals recommend STA-21) Strong leadership experience
ACT: 27 Math 25 English
1 nam 1 loa
3 loa's for volunteer work
Strong Recommendation from prior CO on Enterprise
College: 76 credits with 3.3 GPA
HS: 2.6 GPA
US and VA labor dept. apprent. certs for 8000 hrs in electronics
Strong CO endorsment
Strong interviews (all outstandings and 10's with extremely strong write-ups but no nomination review board due to command location)
CO recommendation was all outstandings except for two excells

I think my weakness is my evals not all being EP's but they are all positive evals and some scattered F's in HS and a F in Pre-cal (but I made it up and got an A!!! and currently taking CAL 1) So what do you think?

KimberlyD

My husband got a 1040 on the SAT & got accepted first time. I don't think the SAT is so important as long as you get a 1000 or better.

mauri

Your profile looks really good. I had a co-worker that got picked up two years ago for SWO; his "stats" resemble yours. He also did not do too well in high school, but redeemed himself in the college courses that he took. I don't thing that you have much to worry about.
Good luck.

P.S. Are the results out yet???

Airdale

Fryguy and STA21Pilot,
You both have impressive stats. STA21pilot great job on your completion of your advanced college courses. Let me throw in my stats to give you both the other side of the coin.
AT2(AW/SW)-7 yrs in.
Evals: all MP's except 2 EP's on 2 transfer evals. Never ranked among peers.
Awards: 2-FLOC's, no NAM's.
SAT-1050.
Day shift Supervisor for 25 people.
Coll. Duties-Asst. Command PRT Coordinator, Asst. Urinalysis Program Coordinator, Division PRT Coordinator.
Community service-at least one every eval.
College-25 credits 3.8 GPA.
High School-2.2 GPA.
LOR-2 strong letters. One from a senator, one from the former CO of the ENTERPRISE.
Boards-all 10's great write-ups.
Ranked 1 of 2 for SWO/Core option.

I was selected last year for the core program on my first try! I am currently at BOOST.
Compared to the other stats that were posted you can see it wasn't my evals, SAT scores, or awards that got me selected. It was being a E-5 filling many typically E-6 billets (day shift sup, PRT, UPC). Another key facter was my 2 LOR's and most importantly being ranked number 1! So many of the people that are up here right now were all ranked number 1, and like my stats show we are not all just EP sailor's with NAM's. There are a few people with more college and probably even more with less college than you both. I even spoke to a first-class that was an instructor who didn't even get his MTS until after he got his end-of-tour award to transfer up here. If it's not clear let me say it again...you need to be ranked number 1 on your package. Good luck.

STA21pilot

Still waiting...

Our OIC for the training command doesn't know/have access, and the CO isn't around. Can someone just tell me already!!!! I'm dying here...

mauri

still waiting as well

Me too. My CO was onboard and my CCC says that nothing has been put out yet. I was secured early today but didn't leave because I read the posts that some people found out today and was anxiously waiting some sort of news to reach me. Well, maybe tomorrow...

Congratulations to all that have achieved a tremendous accomplishment in their Naval careers. :icon_mi_6

STA21pilot

Blah Blah Wait Wait Blah Blah

Wake up 0630:

Check Bupers Access No update
Check Advancement No update

At Work 0730:

Talk to chief about CO No update
Check STA-21 site No update

Go to Softball, play in dirt 1100:

Beat Hellcats "A"

Back at work 1245:

Ask chief about OIC or CO No update
Check message traffic No update

Go Home 1315:

Going to bed 1230:

Watch Bush take Ohio

Wake up 0630:

You guessed it No update

At work 0730:

CO/OIC/Chiefs No update

Wasting time at 0930:

Posting on Airwarriors No update
:sleep_125 No update

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
I was selected for Pilot option and this is what it's showing on my bupers access. Not sure what it shows if you were a non-select though.

FY05 Seaman To Admiral STA-21
Selectees and alternates may contact the STA-21 office at
DSN: 922-9433/9419 Com: 850-452-9433/9419 FAX: 850-452-2486,or email at PNSC_STA21@navy.mil.

Click here for further information about this board.
Send feedback about this board.
SSN Name UIC PROGRAM OPTION SELECT STATUS
7754 DOHNAL KEVIN ROBERT 61762 PILOT SELECT

STA21pilot

Praise God. What a day. Selected for Pilot, Bush gets re-elected, all I got now is the results for First Class.

Does it get any better than this???

Selection Board Results for ET2 GRAHAM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FY05 Seaman To Admiral STA-21

Click here for further information about this board.
Send feedback about this board.
SSN Name UIC PROGRAM OPTION SELECT STATUS
5894 GRAHAM JOSEPH MATTHEW 61690 PILOT SELECT

etnuclearsailor

STA 21 Nuclear OC
I'm exactly where you are, except I'm waiting on ET2(N) results. I qualified reactor operator on Sunday, effectively completing the nuclear training pipeline. It's been a great week. Praise God indeed.

jmurty19

etnuclear sailor, were you in section 4 at power school? If so, "arnold" got in, and the class leader, "danish", and myself. That's all I have for now

STA21pilot

FY05 STA-21 Results
1100+ Applied
186 people accepted 16.9%

3 CEC .27% of applicants 1.6% of accepted
30 CORE 2.7% of applicants 16% of accepted
6 CRYPTO .55% of applicants 3.2% of accepted
8 INTEL .73% of applicants 4.3% of accepted
5 NFO .45% of applicants 2.7% of accepted
70 NUCLEAR 6.36% of applicants 37.6% of accepted
20 NURSE 1.8% of applicants 10.8% of accepted
23 PILOT 2.1% of applicants 12.4% of accepted