• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Springfield XD-40

Birdman

Maybe i'm not find the right website, but ..
For Firearm Related Questions Please Call 800-588-9500.
We Cannot Answer Firearm Related Questions Via Email!
This Website Is For Firearm Accessory Sales Only!

I can't find any prices for hand guns

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Maybe i'm not find the right website, but ..
For Firearm Related Questions Please Call 800-588-9500.
We Cannot Answer Firearm Related Questions Via Email!
This Website Is For Firearm Accessory Sales Only!

I can't find any prices for hand guns

I don't know what you're talking about, Bird ... but maybe this is it:

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/

Download their PDF online catalog at your convenience ... all prices are included therein ..... :)

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
a good buddy of mine just picked up a XD-45. I believe he payed somewhere in the range of $500 for it. Sweet gun. Comes with a lot of trinkets too.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I don't have an XD and likely won't because I don't like it. ....

Ditto ... I came ... I saw ... I bought .... I sold. Twice.

XD's a good entry level pistol and at least as good as a Glock ... I just don't like 'em (XD's) ... so I go with other stuff these days.

Scamahmrd

Boiler Up!
pilot
Have an XD9. It's my first gun, and it suits my needs well. I got mine with 2 clips, lock, and case for ~ $400, but that was through a friend who had a "gun shop" as a side business. Anyway, I'm not really big into guns, so it does everything that I need it to.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
Have an XD9. It's my first gun, and it suits my needs well. I got mine with 2 clips, lock, and case for ~ $400, but that was through a friend who had a "gun shop" as a side business. Anyway, I'm not really big into guns, so it does everything that I need it to.

Counting the seconds until FlyNavy says something

MasterBates

IT IS A MAGAZINE!!!

CLIPS are for normally loading INTERNAL magazines.

Stripper Clips (Loading an SKS)
250px-Sks4.jpg

Enbloc Clip (as used in Garand)
M1clip.jpg

Moon Clip (used for rimless ammunition with revolvers)
250px-45ACPMoonclip.jpg

MasterBates

Answer is simplicity in itself. Get both.

The 40 will give you slightly better ammo capacity. And, I know the true believers of 45 ACP will smite me, but there are some things I think 40 is better for.

And, (just asking for another smiting) if by some chance your 1911 breaks, you have another weapon to use your stockpile..

You do have a stockpile, right??!

kray1395

I bought the XD .45 compact last month. The way I see it, you need to shoot both. The choice has simply got to be which one you are more comfortable and have good accuracy with. Personally, I found the .45 to be managable and shot what I consider well with it. So, I decided to go with the round with greater stopping power. I have the choice of holding either 10+1 or 13+1 depending on which magazine I use. I believe the .40 gives you two more rounds. Hopefully the confrontation is over by the point you need those two extra rounds. If not, you should probably be carrying an extra magazine anyways, or an uzi.

USMC_NA

I was offered a new XD-40 for around 400 phrog. The ergonomics are awesome on that bad boy, but a lot of people told me they break and misfire after awhile. I'm not the type that wants to doubt my weapon, so i went with the glock 23. The angle from the slide to the pistol grip is a little more (like 50 degrees if I remember correctly) and the XD-40 is a little less bringing sight picture in easier, but it took me no time to get used to the glock. However, if it does break, Springfield has an awesome reputation for customer service.