• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

speeding ticket

WVUBetaHornet

Sweep the leg..
I'd use "Your Honor" instead....ever see what Judge Judy has done to people who call her "ma'am"?

I hear she makes the most money for her show than anyone on tv...how pathetic is that?...
Personally, I can't stand her.

/threadjack

But yes, 'your honor' is certainly what you should address him/her as,
but don't pine over letting a 'sir/ma'am' slip out. :)

jfulginiti

pilot
None
...wish I had known that before I went 85 in a 55.

You are a jackass. What are these and which ones DIDN'T you follow?

1. Know yourself and seek self-improvement.
2. Be technically and tactically proficient.
3. Develop a sense of responsibility among your subordinates.
4. Make sound and timely decisions.
5. Set the example.
6. Know your Marines and look out for their welfare.
7. Keep your Marines informed.
8. Seek responsibility and take responsibility for your actions.
9. Ensure assigned tasks are understood, supervised, and accomplished.
10. Train your Marines as a team.
11. Employ your command in accordance with its capabilities.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
drivers in the NoVa/ PG county area are the biggest fvcktards I have ever seen. No offense to the guy that got the ticket....but people just drive way to goddamn fast up here.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You are a jackass. What are these and which ones DIDN'T you follow?

1. Know yourself and seek self-improvement.
2. Be technically and tactically proficient.
3. Develop a sense of responsibility among your subordinates.
4. Make sound and timely decisions.
5. Set the example.
6. Know your Marines and look out for their welfare.
7. Keep your Marines informed.
8. Seek responsibility and take responsibility for your actions.
9. Ensure assigned tasks are understood, supervised, and accomplished.
10. Train your Marines as a team.
11. Employ your command in accordance with its capabilities.

Throttle back there a little bit......Have you ever sped? I know plenty of Marines that have done a lot worse. Those in glass houses.......:eek:

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
drivers in the NoVa/ PG county area are the biggest fvcktards I have ever seen. No offense to the guy that got the ticket....but people just drive way to goddamn fast up here.

Its been too long since you were in the Pcola/Milton area ... they claim the fvcktard honor. However, those NoVA drivers do drive way too fast - traffic will be flowing at 75+ and every 10 sec some 'dude' blows by at 95 (was that you MUI?). In my 8 months in the area I drove by three accidents that involved fatalities, twice seeing bodies trapped under the vehicles ... enough to make you think twice about that speeding shit. Stay safe guys.

SemperFlyMarine

The CRF's Worst Nightmare
traffic will be flowing at 75+ and every 10 sec some 'dude' blows by at 95

...or traffic won't be moving at all because of an accident and everyone who wants to stop and look at it. Always happens between Quantico and D.C., I'd say 75% of the time I'm driving up to Maryland I get caught up in traffic somewhere in that stretch of road.

WVUBetaHornet

Sweep the leg..
...or traffic won't be moving at all because of an accident and everyone who wants to stop and look at it. Always happens between Quantico and D.C., I'd say 75% of the time I'm driving up to Maryland I get caught up in traffic somewhere in that stretch of road.

The only roads that are backed up constantly, no matter what time of day it is...are 95 and 66, gridlock at it's finest...other than that..395, 495, 270, 70...they're all fine usually. But you are right in the sense that rubber-necking is a problem...but that's usually the case anywhere you drive, people love to stare at accidents -- deranged but true.

phrogpilot73

The only roads that are backed up constantly, no matter what time of day it is...are 95 and 66, gridlock at it's finest...other than that - 395, 495, 270, 70...they're all fine usually. But you are right in the sense that rubber-necking is a problem...but that's usually the case anywhere you drive, people love to stare at accidents -- deranged but true.
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why I decided an hour and a half commute to southern Maryland was doable. Traffic in DC could potentially have been bad enough to make a 35 minute commute into 2 hours...

Carno

Insane

A couple weeks ago I sat in traffic for an hour, because people were slowing down to look at an accident on the other side of I-95.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Dude, get a lawyer and face the music. Hopefully you'll leave court with a license.

85 in a 55 is grossly excessive. An enlisted Marine in Jax would be getting a page 11 and lose base privileges for a month. Set the example and keep it within 10 on the posted limit. Radar detectors are illegal in VA, and coincidentally on every Marine base, so don't go running with a "stealth" one, either.

SemperFlyMarine

The CRF's Worst Nightmare
Not sure if it was intentional or not (if not, it makes it that much more ironic), but this was the ad at the bottom of the page this fine morning:

imgad

Maybe you should just call him...

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Not sure if it was intentional or not (if not, it makes it that much more ironic), but this was the ad at the bottom of the page this fine morning:

imgad

Maybe you should just call him...

Yes, it was intentional. Google uses context sensitive ads.

pass-thru

VA is definately the most stringent state regarding traffic enforcement. If you have a VA license you will be subject to a civil penalty of over $1000, in addition to fines, upon conviction of reckless driving. Out of state drivers not subject to this penalty.

If possible, before hiring a lawyer, do a little recon on the judge. Call the clerk's office and find out which judge you've been docketed for. Call the procescutor and ask what you can expect FROM THAT PARTICULAR JUDGE if you plead guilty. Or better yet, go observe one of his traffic dockets. I have seen where upon plea of guilty, they will amend it to 79 over, which drops the reckless. But that is entirely dependent on the Judge. If you can't get this info in advance that you definately need a lawyer.

But don't expect much. The whole VA traffic court system is a load of bullshit. It's designed to railroad defendants into a rubber stamp guilty verdict. Notice how it is the judge and not the prosecutor who propounds the state case when the defendant is unrepresented. How can he propound the case and still render a fair and unbiased verdict? Absolute bullshit.