• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Speeding Ticket: 92 in a 65

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, I haven't posted here in a long time, but I'm looking for some advice. You saw the title, so you know my problem. Could anyone tell me how seriously they usually take this type of stuff? I'm in AFROTC, but it probably works the same in the navy.

Thanks

*edit: it's still a civil offense.

pennst8

Next guy to ask about thumbdrives gets shot.
Contributor
In some places (Southern Maryland for one) you can pay double the fine and get no points without taking a class...

92 in a 65 is probably one nice chunk of change already though. It might be time to invest in a radar detector.

So long as you pay it its unlikely that you'll ever hear anything about it again.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Were it on base that would be an issue but off base not a big deal. Pay it on time take the stupid class and shut up about it, your unit need not know about it.

we're required to tell our commanders, they'll find out about it someway, they always do. Seriously, the Air Force knows. It's like God, but not forgiving. BTW, it's 2 points, $200, and I'm inelegible for traffic school. Until now I have 0 points on record, but I guess I won't be getting my motorcycle license now. Thanks for the advice anyway and I'll get a radar detector from costco this weekend.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Stop speeding.

(Read as: get a radar detector and don't get caught next time :))

CLAM97to99

I have a Cobra radar detector in my SRT-4 it does a fantastic job. The only thing I hate about it is that it picks up on X-band and is always going off.

If I were a police officer I would use X-band radar because every one ignores it.

EngineGirl

Sleepy Head
I know at the NROTC were I go to school, they don't ever find out these things. One guy got a MIP and anther girl worked as a waitress at a strip bar and the Lt's never found out about it.

Also, what is the point stuff for driver's liscenes? I've never heard of that before? I don't think we have those in Texas.

EngineGirl

jg5343

FLY NAVY...Divers need the work
pilot
"You can't get the cactus to love you if you keep drinking from the milk jug!"

WTF does that mean? Lay off the Tequila!

Kycntryboy

pilot
I take some classes with a couple AFROTC and I was talking to them about how many get selected for pilots that applied and he said 3 out of 4, the only reason that the 4th dude didn't select was because I believe of a ticket and he didn't tell his commander.

pennst8

Next guy to ask about thumbdrives gets shot.
Contributor
EngineGirl said:
Also, what is the point stuff for driver's liscenes? I've never heard of that before? I don't think we have those in Texas.
There are "points" assigned to various moving violations in most places. If you get too many of them, your license is suspended. Insurance companies also use the number of points that you have to assess how much they should charge you.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
pennst8 said:
There are "points" assigned to various moving violations in most places. If you get too many of them, your license is suspended. Insurance companies also use the number of points that you have to assess how much they should charge you.

What sucks is, some states reset you to a default level if you obtain a new drivers license in that state, even if you had a perfect level in a previous state. Massachusetts does that.

American_Ace said:
we're required to tell our commanders, they'll find out about it someway, they always do. Seriously, the Air Force knows. It's like God, but not forgiving.

Ahhhh the Air Force... good ol' AFROTC. Did that for a year. They tend to care about such things dont they?

Whats your AFROTC record look like? Are you going to be a Wing Commander, president of the Arnold Air Society, drill team captain, and PT stud? If so, I highly doubt the importance of a ticket.

But if you're just another Cadet, and your record is boring- except for the outrageous speed ticket (where were you rushing to get!?) with yellow highlighter all over it- then you could probably worry about ending up in Supply in Texas.

You know.. its not too late. Convert now to the dark side.

Oh and I'm your father.

I went in this morning and talked to the cadre. They were pretty cool about it and said that a) they didn't want me crashing and dying before I can at least fly a few combat sorties and b) that if I let this happen again then it might reflect poorly on my judgement, and therefore, my chances of getting a pilot slot.

I'll get a radar detector ASAP and make sure this never happens again. For the time being, I just activated in Arnold Air, I got a perfect PFT, and I aced the pilot section of the AFOQT. So as long as I don't screw up like this again then I should be able to hang on to a pilot slot.

Thanks for the help though. I probably wouldn't have thought of a radar detector otherwise and I'll be doing a lot of highway driving now, so you guys saved me a lot of hassle.

Status
Not open for further replies.