• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Speeding Ticket: 92 in a 65

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
paddle562 said:
Let me rephrase what I said; at a cursory glance 92 in a 65 looks like major speeding. Yet, if the speed of traffic is high (like it is around most cities) and you're just keeping up and not disrupting traffic while goin' 92, that's justifiable. If you're cutting and weaving through traffic goin' 92, THAT's reckless driving.

Agreed.

10 chars.

Heya, sorry I was gone for a while. I was driving down a hill on a four-lane straight rural route, and the cop nailed me from the top of another hill when I was more than a mile away. I'm assuming that's why he just gave me a civil and no reckless driving. That and I wasn't a whiny b*tch about it.

The cadre pretty much told me that as long as I don't start a 'pattern' I should be fine.

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
As the great George Carlin once said, "Anyone that is driving slower than me is an idiot, and anyone driving faster is a wacko."

JAC01

My dad is a cop in NYC...little hint: The troopers set the radar guns to be 10 miles over the speed limit. So, if its a 65 zone, you can safely go 75 (or keep up with traffic) without getting ticketed. Unless of course you are a Northener driving in the South...they like f*** you down there...I think they are just jealous of us.

JAC01 said:
My dad is a cop in NYC...little hint: The troopers set the radar guns to be 10 miles over the speed limit. So, if its a 65 zone, you can safely go 75 (or keep up with traffic) without getting ticketed. Unless of course you are a Northener driving in the South...they like f*** you down there...I think they are just jealous of us.

Apparently if you're a grad of the Citadel it helps to wear your ring in the Charleston area. Know a dude who got out of one ticket, and got a major fine reduction on another(going 80 downhill where limit was 50-didn't want to stress his brakes).

adam28270

MILITARY ID, I personally havent been pulled over, really lucky i guess. However, I know plenty of people in my unit who just simply leave their license underneather there MIL ID and it gets them out of tickets all the time, provided the cop notices the ID while your pulling out your license. Just dont be overly obvious about it and hand the cop your MIL ID instead of your license like one of my friends did. Sad to say, she got the ticket.

Or you could just stick to 10 over instead of 27 over.

Country Boy

Proud Father
JAC01 said:

No Kidding! The Charleston, SC area is horrible for that and if the cops see a military sticker on your car it turns into an automatic ticket with at least a $200 fine. They will even go so far as to hide in certain parts around the base entrances at the beginning and end of our shifts (I work rotating shiftwork) and nothing is better than having to wake up and go into work at 11:30 at night and get a ticket for 9 mph over the speed limit with a fine of almost $300 and then have the cop say, "Don't worry about it because if you show up to court in your uniform, the ticket will be dismissed." (Not mentioning the fact that the court date is "conveniently" at 8:00 A.M. when your shift doesn't start till 4:00 P.M.) Needless to say we have tried to bring a few of these guys up on harassment charges but it hasn't worked. It just sucks that they have to use the military to meet their ticket quotas. But outside this area the cops are all amazing if they find out you are military.

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
I got the worst warning in my life in Wyoming. 78 in a 75. WTF is that? I think he was just bored. Not much to do except cow tipping and writing warnings out there. All of those that go through that state: Haul balls until you get next to Cheyenne, slow your ass down, and then drive like a bat out of hell when you get to nebraska.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
92 in a 65 zone ... ? And you think that's speeding ... ??? NAAAAA

THIS --- NOW THIS IS SPEEDING !!!

jet.jpg

Shalama99

One of the questions on the ASTB for the Navy/Marine Corps is do you ever drive faster then then the posted speed limit, and I am pretty sure you get bonus points for saying yes.

Although you also get more points for saying you prefer accounting to art, so go figure.

I don't think there is a single dude in my sqrdn who doesn't have a speeding ticket, and when we checked in the commodore told us, that if we get speeding tickets, just don't tell the cop that you fly jets and that are capable of handling a fast moving machine. I guess some kid tried that once, and the cheif of police called him at home.

Oh one last thing, FLY NAVY. Speaking as someone who has flown under both sets of rules, Air Force and Navy, the Navy is handsdown the best flyers out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.