• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Speeding Ticket: 92 in a 65

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
American_Ace said:
I'll get a radar detector ASAP and make sure this never happens again.

You could also not do 92 in a 65. ;)

But what's the fun in that.

beau

Hey man,

what did you need to go 90 in a 65 for (not to ask the dumb-dumb question)? Were you trying to open it up, and see what she could do or something?

I personally never go over 10 above whats posted, that seems to make good time and if I see a cop time to slow down.......

Radar detectors are a double edged sword.....sure they work (most of the time), but it makes you think you are invincible and you wind up speeding more and more......if the cop has laser....forget it, you are done!

stevew

you could always try plea bargaining. I once got a ticket doing 107 in a 65. I got 2 tickets, one for speeding and another for reckless driving. I got a lawyer to plea bargain it for me. He got it down to 2 counts of careless driving which was just a fine and no points.

snizo

Supply Officer
Why speed? b/c man is on a never ending quest to go faster ;) why do you think you started walking instead of crawling everywhere?

Augustus

American Ace,

Don't get a radar detector. I have a relatively new cobra and it doesn't pick up the gun until it is too late. For your ticket. You must plea not guilty. As stevew said, if you do so there will be a chance that you can make a plea bargain with the trooper or officer who issued you a ticket. Usually the speeding ticket will be downgraded to a "faulty speedometer" therefore no points taken, and insurance will not go up. It is best to got o court as soon as possible and make sure that the trooper will be there.
Best of luck American Ace.

stevew

Augustus, I happened to have not gotten that ticket in New york City so I was able to fight it, but here in NYC pretty much the only way to get out of a ticket is to keep postponing the court date as much as possible and hope that the officer/trooper doesn't show up because here it is almost like guilty until proven innocent. They always take the cops word over yours. I once got a ticket and even though the cop didn't show up the judge still asked the clerk for a copy of my driving record to see my driving history (luckily it was clear) before he let me off the hook.

Augustus

Steve,

I don't what happens in NYC but upstate and possibly L.I. you could workout some deal with the officer if caught speeding.
Don't ever plea guilty. Not because you are justified by what you have done, but because you know that the fines/penalties can lead to jail time, suspension of license, and increase in insurance basically procesuted to the full extent of the law.

I frequently go up to Kingston on the 87 and the troopers are especially active around the New Paltz area. The troopers use the hilly landscape to their advantage hiding in areas were the detector cannot pick up until it is too late.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
I know that in Ohio they have to show you the gun with the radar reading on it (either that or follow behind you and clock you off of their speedometer). Someone I know got out of two tickets because the officer didnt have it saved on the radar and I guess the officer wrote that on the ticket or something. Most I'll ever (read:normally) do is up to 10 mph over. Thankfully I havent been stopped for anything yet.

/Jinxing myself

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I always enjoyed driving 80 on the Mass Pike next to a State Trooper, knowing he wasn't going to pull me over, since everyone else was doing 80, but also being uneasy that he was letting me get away with it.

SFgirl

Y'all should drive on 23 in Michigan... if you're NOT doing 85 you're left behind, 80 if it's snowing...

snizo

Supply Officer
plead not guilty? ... screw that

plead no contest / no lo contendre!!!! you pay your fine, get no points on your license, and be done with it...

Prashant Patel

SPeeding ?! 92 in a 65 ?! Thats ****in awesome. I drive around 80 on the 405 freeway here in LA and I'm passing NOBODY. Schoolbuses are hauling ass faster than me. I don't think this should even be an issue.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
paddle562 said:
I don't think this should even be an issue.

92 in a 65 is a big issue. That's wreckless driving. I'm not going to play innocent here, I've done the same thing, but it's stupid. I was stupid for doing it, he's stupid for doing it.

I drive a Jeep Wrangler now, I can't even DO 92 lol.

Prashant Patel

Let me rephrase what I said; at a cursory glance 92 in a 65 looks like major speeding. Yet, if the speed of traffic is high (like it is around most cities) and you're just keeping up and not disrupting traffic while goin' 92, that's justifiable. If you're cutting and weaving through traffic goin' 92, THAT's reckless driving.

Status
Not open for further replies.