• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Speed and Angels

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
well...it's 0% Hollywood. I have a buddy from VFA-131 that actually took part in filming it.

Nothing, and I mean nothing you see on TV or in Movies isn't influenced in some way by Hollywood. Make no mistake, they picked those people to portray ideas/characters to make money through ticket and DVD sales.

I can guarantee the pitch sale didn't go," Well, Mr. Producer, we want to follow a couple of aviators through training/first deployment to see what it's like. We are going to take your average run of the mill pilot who isn't female, doesn't fly cool old airplanes, is ugly (gasp, an ugly pilot! No way!) and drives a minivan to work. It won't make you any money, but we will show the real world."

There was a director, they prepped these guys and gals and they interjected drama, it is what they do, so people (like you) will think it's awesome and fork over $20.

Lobster

it is what they do, so people (like you) will think it's awesome and fork over $20.

Oh well...That $20 keeps me distracted from all the BS and drama that goes on in college and somewhat sane.;) (and it looks damn good on what I bought with my BDCP money too :p)

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Oh well...That $20 keeps me distracted from all the BS and drama that goes on in college and somewhat sane.;) (and it looks damn good on what I bought with my BDCP money too :p)

I didn't say it was a bad thing, it just happens.

It sucked me in too, though I watched it on Hulu.com and sat through the commercials. :D

revan1013

Death by Snoo Snoo
pilot
I got mine for "free" when I bought Ace Combat 6 for XBox with the flight stick and throttle.

At least I can use the stick for Microsoft Flight Sim X. Though the throttle and rudder buttons need some recalibrating...

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Never seen it and just watched it....a little hokey but not bad. I can see where it would motivate guys coming in. Good flight video no doubt.

nzachman

Yeah, well. The Dude abides.
Never seen it and just watched it....a little hokey but not bad. I can see where it would motivate guys coming in. Good flight video no doubt.

Agreed. I think this movie has some of the best aerial photography of Navy aircraft since the infamous Top Gun.

nzachman

Yeah, well. The Dude abides.

If you are referring to all the BS associated with all the hippie professors and students, then yes. I have an arsenal of movies and media to keep me sane.

Lobster

If you are referring to all the BS associated with all the hippie professors and students, then yes. I have an arsenal of movies and media to keep me sane.

Oh yeah...such an awesome perk of going to a small private liberal arts college...

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hell, I was planning on going to law school. Still not sure what sucked me into the Nav. But glad I got sucked in.

And if they ever did a movie on my recruitment, entry, and flight training, it would not be believable today. But I guarantee you it was colorful, and certainly NSFW! :D :D