• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Special Forces for NAs/NFOs

navyavi469

pilot
If you ask an HSC guy what he does he will tell you he flies SEALs around. If you actually watch what an HSC guy does, it's a racetrack pattern from the 045 to 135 relative bearing called Starboard Delta, be sure to bring a book to read.

The 160th is the place to be; you can get there from the Navy but you'll need to go blue-to-green after you make HAC, and they are mostly helo bubbas too. Be in excellent shape, SWTI will probably help too.

The shorter method is just go army warrant and you could be there in half the time.

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
The 160th is kick-ass and I would kill to have even the opportunity to join them. But from reading it seems like it is nearly impossible to get an aviation slot at Army OCS, and that your designator is not picked until you are at OCS, unlike the Navy where you know before you go. Both of these things make me think that the Navy route is better, and if there is the chance for an IST down the road to join the 160th, then I'll cross that bridge when I come to it (that's still nearly a decade away at this point).