• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Space Force

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
We got our first request from Space Force for a NALO flight last week. Pretty awesome seeing that. ?

Hair Warrior

Contributor
I finished watching the series yesterday. It wasn't great but I think the reviewer expects a little too much from a comedy.
Agreed of the reviewer. I’m a couple episodes in. It’s alright. But some of the military humor falls flat.

Also, no way a 4-star USAF command rated pilot would wear his dress twilights around the office all day. He would be in a space bag w/ leather flight jacket for sure.

Dontcallmegump

pilot
Agree with the resounding "meh". I think a lot of people expected a politicized version of the office and it just isn't that. Not that anything could hold a candle to that cult...

I've never cared much for the Offices humor crutch of "how awkward can Steve Carell be?" So this half and half of idiot/then pull my head out of my ass for the episode conclusion with a lesson, isn't terrible.

Just as forgettable as a lot of Netflix stuff.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just as Gene Roddenberry envisioned it.
Honestly, it's probably preferable to having them focus-group some bullshit that's going to end up as the rank-structure equivalent of NWU Type Is. I mean, even the RAF came perilously close to fucking it away, and that was 100 years ago and the last time any substantive English-speaking ranks got invented. "Ardian?" Really?

Edit: And even then, now the entire Commonwealth has this weird thing going on where Pilot Officers aren't pilots, Squadron Leaders aren't squadron COs, Wing Commanders don't command wings, and so forth.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Edit: And even then, now the entire Commonwealth has this weird thing going on where Pilot Officers aren't pilots, Squadron Leaders aren't squadron COs, Wing Commanders don't command wings, and so forth.
A lot like how naval ranks in Spanish don't exactly line up either (a ship-of-the-line captain commands a frigate, a frigate captain commands a patrol boat, a corvette captain gets... a department... I think?).

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
A lot like how naval ranks in Spanish don't exactly line up either (a ship-of-the-line captain commands a frigate, a frigate captain commands a patrol boat, a corvette captain gets... a department... I think?).
German, too, and I assume French.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Honestly, it's probably preferable to having them focus-group some bullshit that's going to end up as the rank-structure equivalent of NWU Type Is. I mean, even the RAF came perilously close to fucking it away, and that was 100 years ago and the last time any substantive English-speaking ranks got invented. "Ardian?" Really?

It’s a hard day when you have to tell your family you got passed over for Banneret...again. ?

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor