• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Space Force Officer Relieved After Denouncing CRT/Marxism

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
No disrespect intended, but you're not exactly what I would call an impartial, objective observer in such matters. I presume this kind of thing is studied by social scientists.
Social scientist are the problem. Most are far left and their social science theories/teachings are too. No unbiased research or observations from that group.

RoarkJr.

As a guy with kids I haven't seen this happening. Also, who watches commercials? I havent heard of any of my friends' HS kids having to do this.

Are you sure there aren't people out there trying to convince you that that pile of clothes is in fact a Boogeyman? Maybe you're being fed a divisive line that benefits others?
The TV stuff I saw in person on Cartoon Network. I was in the classroom in college when our self-titled “social historian” made all of the white boys stand to show their privilege. She seemed very pleased with herself. Two of the professors in my philosophy department were openly Marxist sympathizers and took every opportunity to denounce white patriarchy. Perhaps you all have been away from school and popular culture too long.

AllYourBass

I'm okay with the events unfolding currently
pilot
The TV stuff I saw in person on Cartoon Network. I was in the classroom in college when our self-titled “social historian” made all of the white boys stand to show their privilege. She seemed very pleased with herself. Two of the professors in my philosophy department were openly Marxist sympathizers and took every opportunity to denounce white patriarchy. Perhaps you all have been away from school and popular culture too long.

I mean, I'm currently a student and haven't had this happen. An anecdote for an anecdote. Anybody who does what your professor did is being absolutely ridiculous (at best), and I've never heard any even close to reputable sources talking about this kind of behavior (least of all positively). Anecdotes and boogeymen aside, how prevalent is this really?

taxi1

pilot
If a Marxist revolution happened by rewriting the constitution almost completely...
It's just not going to happen here, end of story.

Look at what happened to labor unions in the US. Yet you think Marxism is hovering over us?

But if it DID happen, it'd be because 2/3rds of both houses of congress voted for it, and 3/4th of the state legislatures ratified it. Which pretty much means everyone wants it to happen.

But it is not going to happen here, end of story.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
It has nothing to do with kids. I'm talking about your views that the primary source of individual awareness of racial differences and bias in our society is because it is taught in school.
I wasn't aware that the preponderance of American society attends grade school over the age of 18. Thanks for the insight.

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
Until I see some hard evidence, I'm subscribing this to moral panic on the right. Maybe, I'm wrong.

I would say the same applies to the left WRT indiscriminate police shootings of blacks. The data doesn't back it up from what I've seen.

Hopefully, this post satisfies everyone on this site. ?

RoarkJr.

Until I see some hard evidence, I'm subscribing this to moral panic on the right. Maybe, I'm wrong.

I would say the same applies to the left WRT indiscriminate police shootings of blacks. The data doesn't back it up from what I've seen.

what exactly would hard evidence look like?

Mirage

pilot
It's just not going to happen here, end of story.

Look at what happened to labor unions in the US. Yet you think Marxism is hovering over us?

But if it DID happen, it'd be because 2/3rds of both houses of congress voted for it, and 3/4th of the state legislatures ratified it. Which pretty much means everyone wants it to happen.

But it is not going to happen here, end of story.
It's a thought experiment. Would be curious to hear your thoughts on it if you wanted to share.

The overarching point, if there is one, is that the ideas offered in books like How to Be an Antiracist that the CNO is normalizing by putting on his reading list are arguing for a Marxist revolution. That is a radical/extremist idea, pushed at a time, no less, when we had a stand down to preach against extremism. That stand down was ordered because a bunch of lunatics, some with similarly extreme ideas, stormed the capitol, which looked a lot like they were trying to overthrow the government as well (though that was more optics than actual possibility). Pretty ironic.

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
what exactly would hard evidence look like?

Something besides, "when I took the Intersectionality class for an easy grade at Portland State CC, my Professor, Ze Lesbos, did weird shit in her class".

I'm far removed from the current educational system, and I'm sure that stuff happens. However, I'm skeptical of it being typical. Maybe, I'm wrong.

taxi1

pilot
The overarching point, if there is one, is that the ideas offered in books like How to Be an Antiracist that the CNO is normalizing by putting on his reading list are arguing for a Marxist revolution.
I don't think the book is actually arguing for a Marxist revolution. I linked to the intro to the book, and there's zero mention of Marxism, even though Marxists love their Marx. They don't hide it. They are out and proud.

Read the intro I linked to. Ninety-nine percent of books, you can get the gist form the intro and skip the rest of the book.

To some extent, he just seems to argue that if you aren't pulling on the oars fighting racism, you're dragging in the water. No middle ground. Not sure I accept that, but it's not Marxism.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I don't think the book is actually arguing for a Marxist revolution. I linked to the intro to the book, and there's zero mention of Marxism, even though Marxists love their Marx. They don't hide it. They are out and proud.

Read the intro I linked to. Ninety-nine percent of books, you can get the gist form the intro and skip the rest of the book.

To some extent, he just seems to argue that if you aren't pulling on the oars fighting racism, you're dragging in the water. No middle ground. Not sure I accept that, but it's not Marxism.
But Taxi, we were assured it was Marxism by some of the greatest minds on FNC. How could they have gotten it so wrong? I mean, it's not like their business model depends on generating a continuous stream of outrage among their viewers, or anything nefarious like that. :D

Mirage

pilot

He argues that capitalism is racist, only capitalism is racist, and that racism has ingrained itself into every facet of America's institutions and government. Since capitalism is the problem, capitalism must go. He argues the solution is, ironically, more government oversight and control. He doesn't invoke the term Marxism, you're right, but if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck... He is slapping his own label on your standard Marxist revolution and pretending like it's an original thought. He is surrounding that with some additional, even more radical but admittedly original thought, like that everyone who doesn't agree with him is a racist and that the only way to fix past discrimination is future discrimination. Actually, on second thought that doesn't sound too original after all.

Or, perhaps I'm missing something, and I'd love if you could point it out. If you do, it would be especially helpful if you point to something specific in my words above that is wrong.

Python

pilot
Contributor
It has nothing to do with kids. I'm talking about your views that the primary source of individual awareness of racial differences and bias in our society is because it is taught in school. "But for Mrs Smith's 5th grade social studies class, little Johnny would have no external cues that in many places in this country, white people still treat non-white people differently." That's what you're going with?

There's a book I'm going to recommend you read. It's called Caste. I know you won't read it, but somebody else might. I don't agree with everything in it, but it's a pretty eye opening look at the history of race in this country and the lingering effects of slavery and Jim Crow in our society.

As I said earlier. The US did shitty things. And some of those things have effects today. Nobody denies it.* You’re missing the point in this post.

*Except for perhaps a minuscule exception. But certainly last nobody denies it and certainly nobody on this site.

Python

pilot
Contributor

Hard evidence is abundant.