• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

So, what do you think about this?

In my opinion, the weight of the ASTB stats is worth?

• Over 90% of what the selection boards care about

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Over 75% of what the selection boards care about

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Over 50% of what the selection boards care about

Votes: 18 46.2%
  • Over 25% of what the selection boards care about

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Is no more important than many other factors

Votes: 9 23.1%

• Total voters

BurtonF22

Thanks Wink for your "intel" or better yet, thanks everybody for all the info and support. It's kinda funny, whether you all know it or not, you have been my family through this whole process. I don't think that anyone who hasn't or isn't going through this can really know what I am feeling... Anyway, thanks again and I will let everyone know the news when I find out. Maybe it will be good news !?!?

BurtonF22

Hey Guys, here is an email I received recently from a very experianced recruiter/NFO. I have edited out personal info, but the message is intact. Hope this helps!

"I have been in the recruiting business, active duty and reserve for almost 10 years. CNRC publishes to it's recruiters a competitive PROFILE. Just as I have said before, it isn't in stone. It is a guide to what is getting by the board at any given time. Nothing says they will not select someone that is outside the profile in one way or another. It happens every month. If your recruiter is willing to forward your app, then go for it. I think you have a reasonable chance. Sure, if your astb was 55 7/7/7, I'd consider you a slam dunk, but even with your scores (48 5/5/5) you are looking good. If you are not accepted just take the test again and reapply. Persistence is one of those things that isn't quantified in the competitive profile. Guess what, prior service is a plus, but it isn't in the profile. Neither is the relative responsible nature or importance of ones civilian employment, or the fact they hold or held a security clearance, or earned military decorations..."

He seems to suggest that the ASTB is weighed ALONG with your other qualities, not as simply a way of thinning the crowd before looking at your other attributes... I for one hope he is correct!