• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

So much for no "forced" Nukes...

Renegade One

None
Apropos of nothing whatsoever, it seems to me that if the Navy is genuinely serious about allowing females to enter the submarine service, "now's the time" to open the officer training pipeline so that when the policy gets changed, we're already a leg up on training qualifications, etc. Heck, might even make the goal with volunteers in this situation of they opened he process to the female Middies.

Thinkin' big thoughts...I've got a million of 'em.

Boomhower

Shoot, man, it's that dang ol' internet
None
Notice it never said you are forced to go nuke just forced to go for the interview.

I know nothing about the Academy or the Nuke program, but this has the potential for high comedy if guys are intentionally trying to tank these interviews. I think I would show up with an SDB jacket with full medals and a bow-tie, BDU trousers, with my "Cousin Eddie" shoes. Then, cross my eyes during the entire interview and ramble on about the merits of Marxism. I'd also keep pronouncing "nuclear" as "nuc-yu-ler".

That would probably get you out of the Nuke community.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
That is the worst burn ever! How does the navy deal with nuke attrites, similar to aviation attrites? At least it isn't a SWO draft...
Same thing as aviation. You can attempt to redesignate if another community is looking for an unqualified JO. If not, then you are separated from the Navy.

At least they get to keep the nuke bonus.

Just wait...if the Navy times article is true, then in a couple of years women will be voluntold to go subs as well.

bob88899

I know nothing about the Academy or the Nuke program, but this has the potential for high comedy if guys are intentionally trying to tank these interviews. I think I would show up with an SDB jacket with full medals and a bow-tie, BDU trousers, with my "Cousin Eddie" shoes. Then, cross my eyes during the entire interview and ramble on about the merits of Marxism. I'd also keep pronouncing "nuclear" as "nuc-yu-ler".

That would probably get you out of the Nuke community.

I'm pretty sure whoever interviewed you would go down your chain of command at the academy and not only have your ballz... but make your life their hell for the rest of your stay at the academy... Purposly tanking an interview will most likely get you in trouble, i would be proffesional and tell the truth.. that its somthing that you would not be well suited for... you have no interest in.. and quite frankly you would be unmotivated... im sure you would get a better response

Boomhower

None
I'm pretty sure whoever interviewed you would go down your chain of command at the academy and not only have your ballz... but make your life their hell for the rest of your stay at the academy... Purposly tanking an interview will most likely get you in trouble, i would be proffesional and tell the truth.. that its somthing that you would not be well suited for... you have no interest in.. and quite frankly you would be unmotivated... im sure you would get a better response

The Academy has already sucked all the humor out of you. So sad.

bob88899

haha i dont go there...not a mid here... im a civvy ocs applicant.. but i know some mids that have been fried for less or for no good reason at all, so i can only imagine what would happen...:icon_wink

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
There are people on these boards who turned down nuke and are now pilots.

If you really don't want to be a nuke, what's worse: standing in front of the man at the Academy and doing whatever silly punishment they might hand out, or spending the next 5 years of your life being miserable?

It's also doing no favors to the Navy to have some of these guys go into the nuke program and then attrite later. Then they go on their merry way with a free 4-year education + nuke bonus to pursue a civilian career elsewhere.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
If you really don't want to be a nuke, what's worse: standing in front of the man at the Academy and doing whatever silly punishment they might hand out, or spending the next 5 years of your life being miserable?

This is awful advice. Advocating that someone take the tongue in cheek advice give earlier (screwed up uniform, acting crazy, etc) because the only consequence is "silly punishment" demonstrates a lack of understanding. Pulling a stunt like that would jeopardize your entire naval career.

FlyinSpy

Mongo only pawn, in game of life...
Contributor
"It would be quite easy at the bottom of some of our deeper mineshafts. The radioactivity would never penetrate a mine some thousands of feet deep. And in a matter of weeks, sufficient improvements in dwelling space could easily be provided."

000strangelove.jpg

General "Buck" Turgidson: Doctor, you mentioned the ratio of ten women to each man. Now, wouldn't that necessitate the abandonment of the so-called monogamous sexual relationship, I mean, as far as men were concerned?
Dr. Strangelove: Regrettably, yes. But it is, you know, a sacrifice required for the future of the human race. I hasten to add that since each man will be required to do prodigious... service along these lines, the women will have to be selected for their sexual characteristics which will have to be of a highly stimulating nature.
Ambassador de Sadesky: I must confess, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
This is awful advice. Advocating that someone take the tongue in cheek advice give earlier (screwed up uniform, acting crazy, etc) because the only consequence is "silly punishment" demonstrates a lack of understanding. Pulling a stunt like that would jeopardize your entire naval career.
Sorry, I did not mean to imply to act like a jackass in front of the Admiral. Rather, politely but firmly state that you don't want to be a nuke. If they order you into the program anyway, so be it.

Boomhower

None
Sorry, I did not mean to imply to act like a jackass in front of the Admiral.

But, you would be a legend if you did it and got away with it.

Kids, don't take my advice as "advice". "Cousin Eddies" after Labor Day are a serious no-no. Show up with brown boots, instead...and annodized medals...that you haven't earned. That's how you tank the interview properly.

If anyone needs any more advice on how to destroy your Navy career, PM me.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Sorry, I did not mean to imply to act like a jackass in front of the Admiral. Rather, politely but firmly state that you don't want to be a nuke. If they order you into the program anyway, so be it.

Oh, OK, I misunderstood your post.