• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

So much for no "forced" Nukes...

Seafort

Made His Bed, Is Now Lying In It
Uh-huh...

Class of 2010,

On Oct. 8th and 14th, the Commandant met with you all and asked for your consideration of service as a Submarine officer or a Nuclear SWO. He emphasized that there were CNO goals for aviation, surface, and submarine and various other community accessions and CMC goals for USMC accessions that the Naval Academy is required to achieve - it's our mission.

To date, 92 midshipmen have been accepted by Naval Reactors for Submarines (goal is 125). The Commandant said that he would like see us meet the mark with interested and willing qualified participants during this Phase 1 of the Service Assignment Process. Given that the goal for Submarine accessions has not yet been met, we must now move to Phase 2.

Next Monday through Thursday, the senior Aviation, Marine Corps, Submarine, and Surface Warfare Officers will meet with individual midshipmen in order to determine how to best achieve all CNO goals, including midshipmen assignment to a Naval Reactors interview for Submarines. Meeting notifications will be sent later today. If you are subsequently identified for a Submarine interview, understand that you were released from your preferred community after serious consideration. Be professional and focus on the positive aspects of serving your country in the Submarine force.

You all came to the Naval Academy to serve your country. When we receive our commissions, as our commission states, we serve at the direction of the President of the United States. Although your personal desires are strongly and tirelessly considered, community assignments are ultimately grounded in Navy and Marine Corps requirements.

Be assured that we are all proud of all your personal efforts and accomplishments that have gotten you to this point.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
That is the worst burn ever! How does the navy deal with nuke attrites, similar to aviation attrites? At least it isn't a SWO draft...

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
That is the worst burn ever! How does the navy deal with nuclear waste, similar to aviation attrites? At least it isn't a SWO draft...

FIXED.

I knew a guy who flunked outta nuke school who went NFO. He seemed more than thrilled about it though.

For all the draftees though. This makes me more than happy to go to OCS.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
How did you get a hold of that letter? I'm just going off your location that you're not a Mid here but, I could be wrong...

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
Why are NUC candidates so afraid of going to submarines?

Do they not realize that the pay, the living, and the work conditions are better on submarines?

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I sorta liked running out of gas every 2 hrs. A six-month mission definitely exceeds my attention span!!

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
If I was smart enough to be a nuke I'd go submarines. Think about it. Who's gonna live through the nuclear holocaust. The submariners.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
Sorry, dudes. I think a couple more rolls of nickels from that $250,000 education just got shoved up.

The more you resist, the more it hurts; just lay back and try to enjoy it.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hmmmm...

If I was smart enough to be a nuke I'd go submarines. Think about it. Who's gonna live through the nuclear holocaust. The submariners.

OK Lasers, I thought about it! I'd go Submarines, but NOT for the reason you cited. After all, would you really want to live in a world devastated by a nuclear holocaust? Think about it.:confused:
BzB

bob88899

i dunno about you... but i invested in one of those backyard bunkers..... i dont need no submarine to survive.... haha:icon_tong

Random Task

pilot
I was in this position when I commissioned. Notice it never said you are forced to go nuke just forced to go for the interview. The CNO might have his plans for the navy but the nuke Adm. had the final word on if you go nuke (when i commissioned he didn't even want you to come on his base if you didn't want nuke)...end of story.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
i dunno about you... but i invested in one of those backyard bunkers..... i dont need no submarine to survive.... haha:icon_tong

"It would be quite easy at the bottom of some of our deeper mineshafts. The radioactivity would never penetrate a mine some thousands of feet deep. And in a matter of weeks, sufficient improvements in dwelling space could easily be provided."

:D

//
PS- @Seafort et al, "needs of the Navy" bites sometimes. Whatever you do to serve your country, do it with pride.