• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SNFO slots/ OCS availability

Status
Not open for further replies.

grouch

Hey Aimee, When did you swear in, and have you got your orders yet? I'm looking forward to the winter in Florida, maybee you can tell me what the weather will be like.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The week before this post CNRC (Recruiting Command) very unexpectedly tasked every Recruting District with three more NFOs. Slots are open. Get those apps in NOW! If you are a recent nonselect call your recruiter and have him resubmit today. This is hot.

gq

When you resubmit,does something have to change from your previous application before you can reapply? And if it does, what can you change or do to get back in the selection pool? Thanks!!!

Meridiani

wink, are those NFO slots for FY03? My application was just resubmitted at the beginning of this week for NFO.

gq, for my resubmission I included new LORs and revised my motivational statement. I don't think it's necessary to revise your application for resubmission, but my recruiter felt that my application had some weaknesses. The only thing that was required is the inclusion of a letter stating why my application should be reconsidered.

gq

Thanks!I really appreciate the insight.One other question, How
long did you wait until you resubmitted your package? My recruiter
tells me six months, but I don't want to wait that long. I applied
in December and was rejected in March.

Meridiani

I did not wait six months to resubmit. Recruiters generally require you to wait six months between submissions, but it's really at their discretion. My recruiter let me resubmit as soon as my new LORs were received.

BTW--small world--I applied in December and was rejected in March. I think we just had some bad timing.
banghead_125.gif

IFT2O

Drinkin' Beer w/ your mom
I just got redesignated as an NFO, start date SEP03. FYI I don't know if you guys know this, I didn't read all of the posts here, but your FY slot is when you start training in your designation, not when you start OCS. I didn't know this until recently and thought it might be useful info. Also OCS classes are not filled by designators, only with bodies. IOW They don't have a specific number of designator slots for each OCS class. I was told this by the guys up in Millington.

Chris

AT1 (AW/NAC) Christopher M. Harrison
VX-20 VP Projects
Bldg 606 RM 16B
harrisoncm@navair.navy.mil

gq

Is there any one thing that they look for in the Motivational statement? And is there a certain length, or anything special to include in the Letter of Resubmission? Thanks!!

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The new NFO slots were FY03. Don't know the status right now, haven't been in the office for over a week. They usually want to see some positive change in a resubmit, but when CNRC sez they want apps now, they will take recent nonselects for minor competitive reasons without any changes. As to the motivational statement, take a few good solid paragraphs to sell yourself. If you have something you feel needs explaining, address it in a positive way. No excuses. Find a way to make it a positive experience. Basicly they want you to write coherently, no spelling or grammer errors. Be positive, mature, motivated. Don't overstate your desire to "fly jets" or "con the world's largest ship", they are looking for Naval Officers that just happen to fly planes or drive ships.

gq

Thanks Wink! Question, In the "resubmission letter" would it be a good idea to address any weakness that lies within my package? Thanks!

gq

Im contraplating on retaking the Astb to better your package? I understand that's a pretty BIG risk. I scored Oar 44 pfar 8 aqr 5.

mikedjp

Wink, you said the new NFO slots were for FY03. If selected for FY03, when would OCS be? When is the last FY03 OCS?

Meridiani

I believe the last OCS date for FY03 starts on June 28th. I think that's the last class to graduate before 1 October.

mikedjp

This may be a little too much on the hypothetical side, but if several SNFO slots opened up within the last month for FY03 then those selected for those OCS slots could conceivably have OCS dates real soon?

Meridiani

Mike, I've been wondering the same thing. That's why I asked if those SNFO slots are for FY03 or for FY04. Hopefully we'll find out soon.
icon_smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.