• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SNFO slots/ OCS availability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slick

Ryan,

The NFO I talked with was my recruiters roomie at Canoe-U (Naval Academy). Also, since I work at NAS North Island I get a chance to chat with a lot of S-3 Pilots and NFO's. The NFO in the S-3 sits in the right front seat.

Here's the deal boys, we wanted SNA, it was full, fine. So we take SNFO, we'll try to nab SNA at P-cola, if not we're looking at a lot of fun with none of the responsibility.

Another thought...currently the XO of the Roosevelt aircraft carrier is an NFO. Do yawl know what that means? We will soon have our first CO of an aircraft carrier that was an NFO by trade. Once again gents...endless possibilities.

Slick out

[/quote]

bman

That's good news about the XO of the Roosevelt, but the current Chief of Naval Education and Training is Vice Admiral Alfred Harms, an A-6 NFO. He's number 10 in this Candidate's chain of command.

Rainman

pilot
Sorry to keep coloring everything green, but add to the list the assistant commandant of the Marine Corps--For the first time an NFO.

Semper Fi

Rainman

pilot
Oh yeah--I said (meant) first time for an assistant commandant of MC.

Semper Fidelis

quote:
I don't know if it's the first time? NFO's have been CAG's, CO's and even Battle Group Commanders before.

Brooklyn

The XO of the Truman is also an NFO, Commander Walter E. Carter. "Ted" also holds the Navy record for most carrier traps-currently at 1700. He is in the Tomcat.

Also, the CO of where it all begins, NAS Pensacola, Captain Randal L. Bahr, is an NFO. He flew in the S-3.

Edited by - Brooklyn on 07/30/2002 10:49:32

marcb747

Hey robv182, what's your exact OCS date in December?
I'm scheduled for Dec.7 on an NFO slot. I'm also 29 yrs. old.

regards,marc

robv182

Gotta have the Nutz
None
Hey, I'm there with you brother, OCS and NFO. "The day of Infamy." I don't know if that is a good day to be classing up for OCS or not, I hope so. Are you prior service? If you need any help with anything let me know. I have a pretty skate job right now for the USAF and am taking advantage of it getting ready. My email address is robv182@yahoo.com. I am looking forward to having a partner from the start. Ciao for now, Rob

cman

Rob and Marc---

I'm in about the same position as both of you (just haven't put my application in yet), but I'm 28 at the moment and shooting for SNFO slot. I saw you both are reporting Dec 07 (what a date to start!) and was wondering when you both received your selection notification. I'd planned on having my app. in by August but I'm hung up on a med waiver at the moment. Just wondering what kind of down time I can expect between acceptance and report date.

Thanks,
Chris

marcb747

Hey Rob, it's good to hear from someone going in the same "day of infamy" OCS class as I am. We should keep in touch from here on out. There's another Dec. 7 SNFO guy that I swore in with here in San Jose, CA, so that makes it 3 SNFO's and counting. I'll try to get his email from my recruiter and bring him in this forum so we all can touch bases prior to OCS. You can email at ambumatay@yahoo.com

I'm not prior service, but I've been around the Navy for as long as I can remember. My dad was a 20 yr Navy vet and practically everyone in my family is in the Navy.

Chris, I got my acceptance last May and was originally scheduled for August OCS. But I had my date changed, so I can finish my Master's degree before starting my military career. Downtime is relative. I think it really depends on the individual situation and the availability of slots at any given period. Goodluck on the application!

robv182

Gotta have the Nutz
None
Cman, I put in my application in April and then three days later I got my acceptance letter and a week after that orders. I am active duty though, so I don't know exactly how that effected me. If you are going to take I-10 enroute to school, then you can swing by San Antonio on the way to Pensacola. Maybe we'll have to stop in New Orleans or something on the way for some pre-training refreshments/chior practice. Good luck, Rob

mikedjp

I am 25, about to be 26 tyring for an NFO slot. I hope to have my application in by the end of this month, but it might be September. I'm nervous as hell, especially after filling out all the paper work. The security questionare is insane. Especially since I have lived in 3 different countries in the last 5 years. Good luck to everyone! Hope to meet some of you guys soon!

cman

Mike, I'm hoping to get my app. in pretty soon as well. I just got my ASTB scores the other day, AQR 6, FOFAR 5, and OAR of 53. My recruiter told me though that they are looking for 6, 7 for NFO. I don't know if he's pulling my leg or what. I don't consider my score outstanding by any means, but I've seen others being accepted with aprox. same or less. So, we'll see.

By the way, my recruiter also told me that if accpeted tomorrow, the first date he could get me to P-cola by would be April. Anyone out there heard different?

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.