• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SNFO slots/ OCS availability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meridiani

Alright, I've just gotta ask. Is anyone else out there still holding their breath waiting to hear back from the SNFO selection board? My app was sent to Millington 5.5 weeks ago, and I still haven't heard anything back. I talked to my recruiter last week, and he said that the board had just convened, and that I should hear back by Monday or Tuesday...it's now Wednesday.
scared_125.gif
Has anyone gotten word in the last week? Is anyone else waiting to get word? TELL ME I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE!
smgreen_125.gif

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If you get a 03 NFO job then you go to OCS before Oct. I was in the office yesterday and NFO is still open, though going fast. Can't say why it has taken so long for some of ya. Sometimes they just let them pile up a bit while they tackle other issues, then a whole bunch of ya get the word at once. Good Luck

BYSun

Hey Meridiani,

Don't let your self get down...remember no news is good news. Especially of late. My package back in Oct of 2002 took a good 5 weeks AFTER it had reached Millington.

Oh...by the way, what the he## is an "...academician..." ;>

Good luck.

Bryce

Those who aren't living on the edge are taking up too much space.

Meridiani

An academician is a person who sits in front of a computer all day long, and then goes to conferences to discuss arcane knowledge with other people that sit in front of computers all day long...
sleep_125.gif

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
My app (going for SNA BDCP) has been in Millington for 7 weeks as of tomorrow. Waiting sucks, no matter what platform you're shooting for. BEN

erock327

Just thought I would jump in and reassure the individuals that are waiting for a response on their application. I waited 11 weeks to get my acceptance as an NFO and then i waited 15 months to leave for OCS (oct. 18, 2003). I think I just got a good dose of how fast that govt. of ours moves.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
I got this from MarineOfficerCandidate.com. The topic is SNFO information:

This program is normally just as competitive at the board as aviation, but it is even more difficult to qualify for. Only about 1/3 of those who take the air test qualify for NFO.

What's the OSO meaning by this? What's more difficult to qualify for? Thanks.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
In order to qualify for NFO you need a competitive score on the ASTB. Most Marine candidates do not have a technical background and therefore don't do so well on the NFO portion of the ASTB. Also the NFO jobs are becomming hard to come by so they only pick the top guys....They will pick someone with a 6/7/7 before they will pick someone at the mins (4/6/6). It all boils down to supply and demand....my 2 cents.
ea6bflyr
icon_smile.gif

TNWhiskey

2ndLt Charlie Co TBS
Other than improving my PFT...that's the best news I've heard in awhile...I actually scored better as NFO than ; even though I qualified as both...and its a good thing cuz my vision kept me from going NA.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
CNRC is looking at reducing the number of NFO quotas. The good news is they have been looking at it for over a month with no decision yet. Still, if anyone reading this isn't busting his hump to get in his application asap he had better start now. NFO selection is hard enough. Imagine how tough it would be if 30% of the slots evaporated? It is all supply and demand and the supply may be drying up.

Status
Not open for further replies.