• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Sig vs Sig

Chubby

If it's boiling down to aesthetics, then it's really up to you. I would go with the Navy merely because I'm not a huge Stainless fan ... but it's not my pistol. Either way you can't go wrong because they are both quality pistols. My $.02

GMan1976

Banned
Chubby said:
If it's boiling down to aesthetics, then it's really up to you. I would go with the Navy merely because I'm not a huge Stainless fan ... but it's not my pistol. Either way you can't go wrong because they are both quality pistols. My $.02

yeah, i know in the end I've got to make the final choice (kind of leaning towards the stainless but it's a really tough choice). I just think it's interesting to hear other people's tastes too...

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Your first??? Go utilitarian. Get the USN NSW "SEAL" model ... stainless is for pimps --- for a first pistol ....

Just my $20 worth .... :)

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
A4sForever said:
Your first??? Go utilitarian. Get the USN NSW "SEAL" model ... stainless is for pimps --- for a first pistol ....

Just my $20 worth .... :)

Everyone needs a stainless hangun at some point though, like my Ruger revolver ;)

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Get the Equinox

Also, try to find a Sig Certified Pre-Owned (CPO). They cut some awesome deals on factory refurbed guns.

bbell

I have the NSW Sig P226 and highly recommend it. Some things to consider: the NSW model is a limited edition of 2000 and therefore a future collector’s item, the slide on the NSW model is stainless, the whole gun is coated with a special phosphate finish that is not available on any other model of Sig.

P.S. I just looked at the ad for the NSW Sig that you posted and the gun pictured for sale IS NOT A COMPLEATE NSW MODEL! The gun in the ad has the newer frame with the tac rail which is not part of the NSW model and therefore does not have a NSW serial#.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
bbell said:
I have the NSW Sig P226 and highly recommend it. Some things to consider: the NSW model is a limited edition of 2000 and therefore a future collector’s item, the slide on the NSW model is stainless, the whole gun is coated with a special phosphate finish that is not available on any other model of Sig.

Which is funny because the original P226s the SEALs used were stamped slide, no-frills.

GMan1976

Banned
bbell said:

P.S. I just looked at the ad for the NSW Sig that you posted and the gun pictured for sale IS NOT A COMPLEATE NSW MODEL! The gun in the ad has the newer frame with the tac rail which is not part of the NSW model and therefore does not have a NSW serial#.

thanks for the heads up, bbell. would anyone recommend against the non-NSW Navy version (i.e. the non-limited edition)?

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
GMan1976 said:
thanks for the heads up, bbell. would anyone recommend against the non-NSW Navy version (i.e. the non-limited edition)?

I own a bare bones P226. Couldn't tell you the model number, it was before they had 100 million variants. The other variants have cool features, but are not necessary. Your call.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Barnard1425 said:
I gotta back this up. Corrosion resistance aside, I couldn't take myself seriously with a stainless steel pistol.

Now if my job entailed pistol-whipping somebody in the mouth, my perspective might change. But then we're back to A4s argument, aren't we? :D

Stainless actually looks really good on a lot of handguns. My Ruger GP-100 is gorgeous. It's when you get a$$holes with "chrome" type finishes that are uber-flashy. Looks stupid.