• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

"Sierra Hotel" Flight Suits

HeloBubba

SH-2F AW
Contributor
They're T-shirts. It's rare to fly w/ flight deck jerseys, especially in the tropical environment w/ little ventilation.

Sorry, I had flight deck jerseys on the mind. Since they were supply items back in the day, they bought by the squadron and given to you. How do they handle t-shirts? Take up a collection? Or just point you to the NEX?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Sorry, I had flight deck jerseys on the mind. Since they were supply items back in the day, they bought by the squadron and given to you. How do they handle t-shirts? Take up a collection? Or just point you to the NEX?

Usually the squadron mess officer, some poor JO stuckee, has a stock of squadron t-shirts to sell you at a reasonable price. Sometimes they are just plain colored t-shirts but they often have the squadron logo or the aircraft on it. Mock turtlenecks are popular and are usually stocked as well. If you want to go the really cheap route, there is always Wal-Mart.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Usually the squadron mess officer, some poor JO stuckee, has a stock of squadron t-shirts to sell you at a reasonable price. Sometimes they are just plain colored t-shirts but they often have the squadron logo or the aircraft on it. Mock turtlenecks are popular and are usually stocked as well. If you want to go the really cheap route, there is always Wal-Mart.

Or in our case, they had nice, thick, cotton T-shirts w/ a stitched logo (no really, they're nice, I still wear them), but they were $15 and never in stock in a useful size.