• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

"Sierra Hotel" Flight Suits

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Oh you missed out on the follow-up cruise on Vinson w/ -22 (replaced -211) wearing their bright red bags. Thing is, they didn't "stay" bright red and some were leaning toward the pink side. Good guys, not so good attire...

Do you mean The VFA-22 Fighting Redcocks???

44929208_7f405d1701_o.jpg

Is that a camel toe? :eek:

OldNavy

What happened to wearing the standard green zoombag with the squadron designated flight deck jersey color underneath?

Which in HSL West was:

HSL-31 = Green Jersey
HSL-33 = Yellow Jersey
HSL-35 = Red Jersey
HSL-37 = I have no idea (any Rainbow Warriors out there that can fill in this gap?)

Wish I still had my gabardine cracker jacks with the liberty cuffs!

HSL-34 (HSL East) I believe was green (Greencheckers) I was in HSL-32 also, but I stayed intoxicated and didn't notice the color of the Jerseys ;)

HuggyU2

None
Single Seat,
The fact that you found that looked for, and found, that picture is disturbing. :watching3

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
We had black "Friday bags"...which pretty much ensured no one else in the air wing wanted to get them. Who wants to look like they're trying to be like the Fat Kids?

UCbearcat

Lawn Dart
pilot
I know Renegade said not "goofy party suites", but are these anything similar to the suites some of the Air Force guys wore in Vietnam to parties? I went to the Air Force Museum in Dayton, Ohio a few weeks ago and saw a lot of them in a glass case. I thought that they were pretty nifty looking.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ships company on my boat wears them on Fridays. Granted they are regular flight suits, but they have embroidered rank, wings, and etc... I don't mind wearing it, but there are some haters.

Renegade One

None
Yeah...I'm talking about SH "party suits"...we usually had 'em made out in town in the Philippines; usually out of polyester, so they weren't suitable to actually fly in. A lot of the posts above are about tricking out your normal flight suits for everyday flying attire...that's not what I mean. I guess you'd have to have been in the Cubi O'Club during an airwing party..with every single squadron and det wearing their own version of shit hots...to really get what I mean. I always thought the very "coolest" were the guys in CORAL SEA's E-1 det...they had "Evel Knievel" white shit hots with the reverse confederate striping down the arms and legs and in a V down the chest. Now THAT was shit hot...but maybe you had to be there... :)

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hey Spike...Done Cubi O'Club many times (phew)...always a good time.

I personally liked the cute waitresses in their customized shit hots better than any air wing bubbas.