• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Side Hustle in A-Pool

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I was in week 4 of API when the bird shootings happened. We went to class that day really confused why there were four dudes at attention in the hall in SDBs forever, and then when we found out what happened were really thankful we were no long in A pool given how much they cracked down on that good deal with insane additions of musters, stupid made up stash jobs, etc.

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
Hello all,

Just graduated OCS on 14 Dec, and am currently on my OHARP tour. Word on the street is SNA’s are looking at at least a couple months of time in A-Pool. So with that said, does anyone have any gouge or advice regarding the feasibility of working a side hustle during that time? My previous employer allows a tremendous amount of flexibility, along with setting my own schedule, so the time conflict would be nonexistent between the two. So, other than ensuring that I run it through the chain of command, is there anything else I should be aware of before pursuing the opportunity to make some extra cash?

Thanks in advance!
New callsign: Finnick

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
"Compounding her situation is that her 15-year-old great-grandson and 5-year-old great-grandson live with her in her three-bedroom home, for which the rent is close to $1,000 a month."

Hagerstown is 75 miles from DC, through one of the worst traffic corridors in an area known for bad traffic. There is a good reason it is so cheap up there.

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
Hagerstown is 75 miles from DC, through one of the worst traffic corridors in an area known for bad traffic. There is a good reason it is so cheap up there.

270, I wish it was never built. Keep all those DCites out of Washington and Frederick County. Hagerstown is cheap because it's close to nothing. Take a look at Frederick after 270 was completed, population explosion and so to the cost of housing.

CUBUFFS4134

Tellin’ it like it is.
pilot
Contributor
That was my timeframe through ol API. I checked in a couple days after it happened. I remember Fester, Hammer and the guys in Student Control. I fly with one of the bird marksmen.

Can’t beat Waffle House golf cart and Peg Leg Pete shenanigans. Worked with both of them as well.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor

My brother in law kindly referred to it as Hagartuckey, and couldn't get out of there fast enough.

That was my timeframe through ol API. I checked in a couple days after it happened. I remember Fester, Hammer and the guys in Student Control. I fly with one of the bird marksmen.

Can’t beat Waffle House golf cart and Peg Leg Pete shenanigans. Worked with both of them as well.

Damn. There are so many of us who have run into one another without knowing it. I'm not even angry, I'm actually impressed.

Birdbrain

pilot
Holy
If you’re referring to the guys that killed the protected birds, I don’t know the particulars.

If you’re referring to my line of work, basically I just get dispatched by my employer whenever a bird gets in a grocery store in my neck of the woods, travel to said store, and capture the bird and relocate it. Can’t have them inside for health and safety reasons, etc.
I always wondered what happened to those birds. Didn't know there was a job for them. Neat.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
... basically I just get dispatched by my employer whenever a bird gets in a grocery store in my neck of the woods, travel to said store, and capture the bird and relocate it.
There are a few birds loose in the B terminal at the Houston airport (Bush). Just sayin’ you could open up new markets.

Ozarky

pilot
There are a few birds loose in the B terminal at the Houston airport (Bush). Just sayin’ you could open up new markets.

Thanks so much for the lead! I’ll pass it on to our sales team. We’ve done a couple airports here and there but it’s been mostly smaller ones. It would be huge if we could really tap into the big airport business.

Hotdogs

I don’t care if I hurt your feelings
pilot
My personal favorite was the story of two assclown academy grads with masters paid in full by Uncle Sam snorting blow off of toilet seats in Seville quarter. Bout a year after I left the area. Apparently the dressing down of the two in SDBs by the CO in front of the ready room was quite the spectacle.

If you two are out there reading this years later ...in case you forgot: You’re fucking morons.

Runner up includes the dip shit who stole the API test gouge out of the vault or something along those lines.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
My personal favorite was the story of two assclown academy grads with masters paid in full by Uncle Sam snorting blow off of toilet seats in Seville quarter. Bout a year after I left the area. Apparently the dressing down of the two in SDBs by the CO in front of the ready room was quite the spectacle.

If you two are out there reading this years later ...in case you forgot: You’re fucking morons.

Runner up includes the dip shit who stole the API test gouge out of the vault or something along those lines.
Seriously, that’s dumb. Toilet seats are disgusting. A mirror or a counter top work perfectly fine.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Seriously, that’s dumb. Toilet seats are disgusting. A mirror or a counter top work perfectly fine.
IIRC, a couple of Prowler Cat Is tried Option B a few years back, and got summarily thrown out on their asses when they got caught.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
It's not all A-Pool shenannigans. Let us not forget the HT IP who was apparently running drugs.