• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Should I take it again? that is the question!

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
Not to be an ass, but those scores are pretty weak. You should definitely take the ASTB again...There is tons of gouge on this site, use the search tool and you will find everything you need to up those scores.

I'm not on any selection board so I can't give you a for sure answer, but all the information I have received echoes Skillz post.

I was under the impression that 4/5/4 was the min for 1390. It might be 4/4/4, but Im almost positive 3's are not qualifying.

Also with just shy of a 3.0 you might want to spend some more time in the books. Being a senior it will be hard to bring your GPA up this late in the game, but all the gouge I have read/heard suggests a 3.0 or above is what you should be shooting for to be competitive. Not to say that 3.0 is required, but you obviously want to have as good a GPA possible.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
For the Record:

I was NROTC and got accepted for Pilot with a 4/5/3 and a 2.98 GPA.
Those scores were on the lower end of the general population that got accepted but anything is possible.

I lucked out with the 4/5/3 because our unit had a bunch of SWOs who didn't go out of their way to help people select aviation... tried to get the ASTB the summer before Service selection... the end of August rolls around and the new unit staff (made up of 4 aviators now instead of zero) realizes that none of their 1/c MIDN who want aviation have what they need done to have their package complete for service selection in OCT. I had 2 shots to take the ASTB- took the first time and passed- had a discussion with my unit CO about the merits of forfitting passing scores in the hopes of getting higher ones the month the package was due and risking them comming back non-qualifying. I rolled with what I had and lucked out. If I had a longer lead time (enough for a greater study time or a 3rd shot if they didn't come back passing) I would have retaken them to make for a better package.

Good luck in your decision

aeshia

i have spoken with my recruiter, & he told me that we'd submit the package for the august boards. if unfortunately, i would not be selected, then i would retake it again. does this sound fair enough? i would just have to talk to the DEP recruiters to reschedule my boot camp for a few more months because i was suppose to ship out on september.

Goob83

None
I need some advice. I' am a rising senior MIDN studying Aviation Management holding a current GPA of 2.95 and a ASTB score of 4,5,3. My question is, Should I leave these scores as is for Pilot or should I plan on retaking it again before my selection in October?
THese are the scores you must have to apply no exceptions
so you are not qualified for Pilot or NFO

AQR 4
PFAR 5
FOFAR 5

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
THese are the scores you must have to apply no exceptions
so you are not qualified for Pilot or NFO

AQR 4
PFAR 5
FOFAR 5

I'm sure someone who has dealt with the test and service selection more recently then I have could update us on selection criteria, but when I put in the package you needed to have passing AQR and FARs for the Desginator you were selecting for. ie Pilot needed to have a Minimum of 4/5 AQR and PFAR- your FOFAR wasn't included (lucky for me). For NFO you needed 4/5 AQR and FOFAR.

For the original poster- is that 2.95 GPA including your NROTC course grades? My ROTC class grades got included and I went to the board with a 3.02 I believe. I also had a decent PNS rec as well to offset my low ASTB scores. I know people who did well worse (like 2.5 or so) academically but rocked their ASTB with triple 7s and got selected as well. Bottom line, its a total package deal when applying. You want to attempt to make yours as strong as possible in case its a famine year for aviation slots (It was a feast year for my '04 year group... then they decided too much so and attrited a bunch of us in API- so its all luck and timing).

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Retook ASTB today... 10/27

My ASTB scores were 5/6/6 50 prior to the retake...

I just finished it and received an 8/9/8 57 !!!!!

I'm super. Look at me.

BullGator

Wow, nice work. I was a bit surprised as I thought you were an SNA already, but those scores rock regardless! Atta-boy.

grant_davis

Yea I found 3 to be WAY easier... I Took it first and then took 4. I still did better my second time but my OR did drop slightly... I pray I don't have to re-take.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Yea I found 3 to be WAY easier... I Took it first and then took 4. I still did better my second time but my OR did drop slightly... I pray I don't have to re-take.

That's weird, I felt the opposite. I just felt more prepared this time around. The first time I took it, my grandma died the same week, I should have just postponed and avoided this whole re-take business...

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Thanks man...it's that BIG XII education. :D

Ahh yes, the typical Sooner education

nyet16402022144.widec.jpg