• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Should I take it again? that is the question!

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Ahh yes, the typical Sooner education

Here, fixed it.

nyet16402022144widecmu8.jpg

GonnaFlyIN09

My ASTB scores were 5/6/6 50 prior to the retake...

I just finished it and received an 8/9/8 57 !!!!!

I'm super. Look at me.
Hey man, nice scores... i'm scheduled to take it on the 25 of November. What study guides or materials did you read. I want to get above a 4/6/6.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Nope, I'd attribute your score as directly related to your posts on AW. :D jk, Congrats....now all you need is that piece of paper.

-ea6bflyr ;)

Hey man, nice scores... i'm scheduled to take it on the 25 of November. What study guides or materials did you read. I want to get above a 4/6/6.

Haha, thanks everyone. Okay, the "I love me" moment has passed.

Anyway, GonnaFly, there is plenty of gouge on here to get you started.
http://marinegouge.com/mediawiki-1.6.6/index.php?title=Aviation_Selection_Test_Battery

I also recommend the Barron's ASTB study guides for the math, mechanical gouge, Aviation/Nautical, and Spacial Apperception problems.

As far as reading comprehension...just read a lot and learn to skim for the main ideas of what you are reading.

The ARCO ASTB books do a real nice job with the mechanical comprehension questions.

Atrickpay made a great study guide on here that really helps as well. http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=145049&highlight=astb+study+guide

I would recommend that you download that and download all the Marine gouge from the WIKI site I posted as well. Be sure and buy the Barron's ASTB study guide, I think it is a great tool.

Just keep doing the problems over and over again (even the USAF and ARMY math problems). I'm just saying for the nth time what has been said on here before...it's the time factor that will screw you, not the difficulty.

Good luck.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Dood, i hear with scores like that you get to skip primary and go straight to meridian or kingsville.

Congrats. Good luck. Don't marry an oklahoman.

GonnaFlyIN09

I have taken it already and the timing is what crushed me, i have the ARCO book, but not the Barron book. i also bought a Pilot License Book, but thats aimed more towards private. Thanks for the tips.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
I have taken it already and the timing is what crushed me, i have the ARCO book, but not the Barron book. i also bought a Pilot License Book, but thats aimed more towards private. Thanks for the tips.

That is exactly what you want, the aviation questions come directly from those handbooks and a lot of the questions it asks comes from what you would learn in a private pilot handbook.

My FAR/AIM covered almost all of the questions and my GLEIM Private Pilot Handbook did as well.

markkyle66

Hi. I just recieved my results from swing number one at the ASTB and wanted to ask for feedback. I'm currently applying for SNA/SNFO via the BDCP program and getting the ball rolling. I also wanted to ask if these scores are competitive for straight OCS. I greatly appreciate your opinions and advice. - Mark

AQR 6
PFAR 8
FOFAR 6
OAR 44

-Jr. Business major at UF 3.3 GPA (Warrington Business College)
-Blessed to have been a private pilot for the last two years.
-Strong LORs (More interesting ones from a former CAG and one from a former Atlantic Fleet LSO in the 1000 trap club.)
-Also blessed to have no medical hang ups...
-Haven't taken the PRT, but exercise is a daily thing for me and don't expect problems

I'm sure I'm not done with the ASTB just yet, but I want to thank everyone that contributed to awesome gouge on AirWarriors. Without that and the hardwork I put in over the last few months my first try would certainly have been below average. Thanks again.

nugget61

pilot
Mark,
I don't recall the exact mins, but the only one that I'd be worried about being low is the OAR - however the rest of your package looks good. I'd apply with those scores and see where it gets you.