• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Should I take it again? that is the question!

Aunavy0509

I need some advice. I' am a rising senior MIDN studying Aviation Management holding a current GPA of 2.95 and a ASTB score of 4,5,3. My question is, Should I leave these scores as is for Pilot or should I plan on retaking it again before my selection in October?

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Was that your first time taking the ASTB? Did you spend much time practicing for it?

I don't know the current mins for selection, whether its feast/famine with regards to the apps being sent in. Maybe some that were recently selected can give you their scores. But, if I were you, and I had a chance to raise my score, and I wanted aviation... well, I would definitely retake it.

BTW:

GO GATORS!!

skillz

I need some advice. I' am a rising senior MIDN studying Aviation Management holding a current GPA of 2.95 and a ASTB score of 4,5,3. My question is, Should I leave these scores as is for Pilot or should I plan on retaking it again before my selection in October?

Not to be an ass, but those scores are pretty weak. You should definitely take the ASTB again...There is tons of gouge on this site, use the search tool and you will find everything you need to up those scores.

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
Take some time, grab the study guides, really put your effort into studying this time. Then take it, rock it, and send yourself into SNA dreamland.

AUtiger

Crossing over to the dark side
pilot
I'd say take it again. It's not like you have much to lose by doing so. If you are having some trouble with particular questions come by the unit and maybe I can answer them for you. God knows I don't do anything else at work.

aeshia

astb score

i'm applying for pilot or NFO. im not sure if my astb score is enough to get in for commission so i need your comments & opinion about this. i got 5/6/5 44. my PFA was good & GPA at 3.14. i finished college in the philippines. i have a private pilot license & aircraft dispatcher license. please advise. thanks in advance.

Lobster

My OR told me that when I started this process if I got 4's and 5's we'd submit my package and see what happend so I didn't blow too many chances, and then if the board said no then I would take them again and resubmit. Its your call if you want to take them again, if you study the gouge on this site and get the study guides from the book store your scores should improve.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Take the thing again. You've got three shots at it. Look at the gouge here, and around the interwebs.

Don't get comfortable with your scores till you're in the 6's and 7's.

atrickpay

BDCP SNA
Just a quick question, cant tell if the results I found were for the older ASTB, but when you retake do they replace the previous grades, or do they only take whichever is higher (should your grade drop).

Example:
Test 1 you get 5/7/5
Test 2 you get 6/6/5

So would you have a 6/7/5 overall? Just need someone to clear that up, thanks.

skillz

Just a quick question, cant tell if the results I found were for the older ASTB, but when you retake do they replace the previous grades, or do they only take whichever is higher (should your grade drop).

Example:
Test 1 you get 5/7/5
Test 2 you get 6/6/5

So would you have a 6/7/5 overall? Just need someone to clear that up, thanks.

Thats not how its works...If you get a 6/6/6 the first time you take it, and then you take it a second time and get a 5/5/5 your grades are 5/5/5. The most recent test score is what your stuck with.

nzachman

Yeah, well. The Dude abides.
I got the Barron's test study guide and it really helped. Its pretty cheap too, you should check it out before taking the test again; if you decide to do so.