• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Should have stayed in bed today ... FA-18 attacks hangar @ Buckley

Status
Not open for further replies.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Very weird: Just saw pictures on TV of an FA-18 "crunched" into the side of a hangar @ Buckley ANGB ... ouch!!

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
A4sForever said:
Very weird: Just saw pictures on TV of an FA-18 "crunched" into the side of a hangar @ Buckley ANGB ... ouch!!

Just saw it on FOX News. Whoa.....someone's gonna get their butt chewed :icon_rage

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm sure the pilot will be on Air Warriors pretty soon asking what his/her options are.

T-man

don't have access to a TV Atm... anyone seen any online reports yet? curiosity is striking...

DairyCreamer

Buckley is an AFB now... but holy crap!

Right here in Denver! I gotta watch the news tonight for sure. This doesn't sound so pretty.

~Nate

SteveG75

Retired and starting that second career
None
Link here with pics: http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/4671344/detail.html

The news is speculating hydraulic failure causing lost brakes and nosewheel steering. Those of us who have gone on cross countries to Buckley know that there is a pretty serious downslope from the runway to the transient line. Buckley info here: http://www.airnav.com/airport/KBKF . There is about a 25' drop from the runway to the parking area.

Looks like the nose of the jet ended up right in the weather office section of base ops.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Yeah, thanks Steve .... hydraulics was my guess, also. Or maybe he didn't like the WX brief .... ???

4671895320x2404oq.jpg

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wonder if it happened slow enough so he could sit and watch and think "Awww ****, this is gonna suck."

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
Fly Navy said:
Wonder if it happened slow enough so he could sit and watch and think "Awww ****, this is gonna suck."

My thoughts exactly. I wonder if his career flashed before his eyes. I wonder...... :eek:

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Has the investigation been completed on this "mishap" yet? I wonder if it's prudent to be discussing it.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Steve Wilkins said:
Has the investigation been completed on this "mishap" yet? I wonder if it's prudent to be discussing it.

Everything that's been discussed is public information.

Status
Not open for further replies.