• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Should have stayed in bed today ... FA-18 attacks hangar @ Buckley

Status
Not open for further replies.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
HAHAHA! Rep points for that, Goober . . .

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Steve Wilkins said:
Has the investigation been completed on this "mishap" yet? I wonder if it's prudent to be discussing it.

You must be joking ... right?? But an AW ....:) ... for you in case you're not ....

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
No, he isn't joking. The problem is when someone who does know too much, in the training squadron, etc, starts posting stuff on here, even before it hits the news stations. Has happened before, probably will happen again, but we are quick to shut those down. For stuff where we have no friggin' idea, let the discussion commence.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
webmaster said:
No, he isn't joking. The problem is when someone who does know too much, in the training squadron, etc, starts posting stuff on here, even before it hits the news stations. Has happened before, probably will happen again, but we are quick to shut those down. For stuff where we have no friggin' idea, let the discussion commence.

Yeah, no argument from me on inappropriate discussion(s) of accidents --- I understand and agree with your concern --- coincidently, I've been doing this for a long time.

But lest some think we can't "talk" about accidents/incidents until "the investigation(s) been completed" --- when someone posts something stupid or inappropriate -- as you suggest -- and as they always will -- couldn't/wouldn't/shouldn't the Mod-Squad "prune" the offending post?? Rather than issue a blanket "don't talk about any accident/incident until the investigation is done. Come back and see us and we'll discuss it in 6-10 months...." ???

... like Fly said --- this stuff here is all public information --- so why suggest a blackout or prohibition on discussing it???

Standing by for illumination .... or ..... make it a policy to never discuss a mishap until the investigation is complete. That's probably just silly -- and impossible as well. I just think Steve over-reacted ... but then, it's not my website, either, sooooooo ..... never mind :) . Maybe --- just set what the policy is; since this seems to come up on a regular basis even though I've only been on this forum for a short time ..... ???

That's more than I should say .... it's not my place to question why, just to do or die, and I know how to follow orders ...... so I think I will go visit that thread about hamburgers and hotdogs .......

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
Fly Navy said:
Wonder if it happened slow enough so he could sit and watch and think "Awww ****, this is gonna suck."

About a year ago this time a T-1 ran off the runway at Sherman Field. On the landing rollout, the SNFO is supposed ot call boards and airspeeds. I remmeber talking to SNFO after that one... rainy day "4 board, 90 knots... 3 board, 80 knots... 2 board, 70 knots... 1 board... 60 knots... uhmm... uhhh..... awww f#ck... what's the boldface for emergency ground egress?"

SteveG75

Retired and starting that second career
None
Just FYI for everyone. Everything I have posted is in the public domain. My only source has been that article that I posted the link to.

From the article:
"The F-18 had just landed at the base and was taxiing from the runway to the parking apron when apparently something went wrong with the jet's hydraulic system, a Buckley spokeswoman said. The plane rolled into a hangar used by the Colorado Air National Guard."
-and-
"The F/A-18C Hornet was not from the Colorado Air National Guard but assigned to Strike Fighter Squadron 106 at Naval Air Station Oceana in Virginia Beach, Va. It was one of three planes returning to Oceana from a training detachment in Fallon, Nev., said Navy spokesman Mike Maus."

I have been to Aviation Safety Officer School and completely understand the concept of privileged information. Anyone remember me slamming the guy that wanted info on the Hornet mid-air.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ahh, reporters.

SteveG75 said:
"The F/A-18C Hornet was not from the Colorado Air National Guard . . .

Wow. Ya think?? :dunce_125

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
nittany03 said:
Ahh, reporters.

Wow. Ya think?? :dunce_125

Can't blame them... Hollywood seems to think that F/A-18s are the maintstay of the US military.

Ryoukai

The Chief doesn't like cheeky humor...at all
^ Like the Hornets that were painted with AF insignia used at the end of The Rock? That's always bothered me.

B

Blutonski816

Ryoukai said:
^ Like the Hornets that were painted with AF insignia used at the end of The Rock? That's always bothered me.

not only that... but the fact that pretty much every tactical jet in the movies has been equipped with the AF's ACES seat....

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I noticed that his wingmen were properly parked on the ramp (behind him)....They were probably thinking "What's taking Maverick so long to park his jet?" He he. Oops. That'll make for a long C-9 ride home. :)
ea6bflyr

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
Everything that's been discussed is public information.
So what. Ok, I ask the question that caused another thread to get locked. Is the investigation complete? I say this because this tends to be the criteria for being able to discuss mishaps on this board. You aviators need to either follow you're own criteria for discussing these things or get over it. What is that criteria. Is it that the investigation has to be complete? Or, does the mishap have to have made its way into the main stream media (public) domain ? WTF is it? Pick one and stick with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.