• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Should have stayed in bed today ... FA-18 attacks hangar @ Buckley

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
SteveG75, good post and info, definitely not calling you on anything you posted.

Steve "SWObaby", I have so much free time at DH school "yawn" that I got to cause hate and discontent, and as "why, why, why" all the damn time.... No one on here is worried about the aviator in the fleet opening there trap about mishaps with privilidged information. If you look at all the ones that we have shut down, it has usuall started with something like this:

Post title: T34 crash!
Post: Just got out of our ready room brief, we lost a T34.....

Or something similar. Two problems as I see it:

1. IMPROPER NOTIFICATION. The immiediacy of the internet is scary at times, and in fact we have beaten the press and media attention, while you know all the cell phones in a training squadron are going lilke crazy. I think the last one, the command actually commented that they were pleased that the students made a point of NOT calling each other on cell phones, so they COC had time to notify next of kin.

2. PRIVILEDGED INFORMATION. Young SNA overhears discussion amongst IPs, makes post on here, while investigation is ongoing. Let's not go there.

Every single one of our problems has been with junior SNAs posting, not bashing on them, since this is probably their first exposre to a mishap, and more than likely not their last. We have quite a few more active moderators now, and we have done a good job of not letting them step in the sh!t by closing off discussions. For all the other discussions, hmm, the crash during JASEX last year, and others, we have let go, and not messed with, since it is out in the Fleet, and more than likely we don't have anyone here that is in that squadron, and two, the aviators discussing who would know anything, won't post stuff they shouldn't.

Clear as mud? Bring on the discussions.

John

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
webmaster said:
Steve "SWObaby", I have so much free time at DH school "yawn" that I got to cause hate and discontent, and as "why, why, why" all the damn time....
Have yu been drinking those pink Bay Breeze drinks again?

webmaster said:
No one on here is worried about the aviator in the fleet opening there trap about mishaps with privilidged information. If you look at all the ones that we have shut down, it has usuall started with something like this:

Post title: T34 crash!
Post: Just got out of our ready room brief, we lost a T34.....

Or something similar. Two problems as I see it:

1. IMPROPER NOTIFICATION. The immiediacy of the internet is scary at times, and in fact we have beaten the press and media attention, while you know all the cell phones in a training squadron are going lilke crazy. I think the last one, the command actually commented that they were pleased that the students made a point of NOT calling each other on cell phones, so they COC had time to notify next of kin.

2. PRIVILEDGED INFORMATION. Young SNA overhears discussion amongst IPs, makes post on here, while investigation is ongoing. Let's not go there.

Every single one of our problems has been with junior SNAs posting, not bashing on them, since this is probably their first exposre to a mishap, and more than likely not their last. We have quite a few more active moderators now, and we have done a good job of not letting them step in the sh!t by closing off discussions. For all the other discussions, hmm, the crash during JASEX last year, and others, we have let go, and not messed with, since it is out in the Fleet, and more than likely we don't have anyone here that is in that squadron, and two, the aviators discussing who would know anything, won't post stuff they shouldn't.

Clear as mud? Bring on the discussions.

John
Understand your concerns, yet I think aviators in general tend to be overly sensitive as to the cause of a particular mishap. For the boards here, there tends to be differing criterina on what constitutes being out of line. Does the mishap investigation need to be completed? Does the next of kin need to be notified (in cases of fatal accidents) before discussion can commence? Or does the story need to be shown in the public domain before all is good?

Status
Not open for further replies.