• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Shoe thrown at POTUS (Bonus: find Waldo, er DDan, in the crowd)

DangerousDan

I could tell you but I would have to kill you
The chick over his right shoulder..and you are really DangerousDanielle?

Well No.... But its a small world because she winged with one of my really good friends from Carolina whose winging I went to after I got off active duty. I noticed she was wearing a VMAQ-2 patch and stopped to chat since thats the squadron my sponsor dad was with during the first gulf war. Only then I realized we were in pensacola the same time and had mutual friends.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
Or he could be the tall, well proportioned Brother right behind POTUS....but then again I don't know any black guys named Dan or Danny.

edit: As you were....err...as I was. Danny Glover!! (Lethal Weapon 1 is on!)

Bevo16

pilot
Or he could be the tall, well proportioned Brother right behind POTUS....but then again I don't know any black guys named Dan or Danny.

thats_racist.gif

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You are the guy just left of the Prez. Between the Prez & the Marine.

-ea6bflyr ;)

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
Sweet Jesus, dude. Just 'fess up who you are and end your 15 freakin' minutes of fame.

Anyhoo....sorry, if someone through there shoe at me whilst I was addressing the crowd I would duck and laugh...and not think of it as a great insult (certainly not to the level of those in the Middle East).

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
The nice thing about being President Bush...he is not Muslim, Arab, nor does he give a shit about some douchebag throwing a shoe at him. The irony being that said douchebag has the right to fling said shoe thanks to the target of his flung shoe...what a fucking retard..hope he gets more than just a few broken ribs and an arm (maybe cut off his throwing hand?)
Pickle

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well Good guesses.. but I'm down on the front row left side all the way on the end, looking like a kid next to the tall guy next to me.

You may appear small, but GEN O is quite tall and he's on a platform. Met him in '07 and he towers over my 6' frame. A football team is missing him in the lineup. :)

-ea6bflyr ;)

pmasters

So I was chatting with the Iraqi guy who owns the corner shop down the road, and he confirmed what I had been speculating about the shoe-throwing incident. In the Arab culture, thats pretty much the most insulting thing he could have done. Shoes are dirty, and Arabs don't even sit cross-legged as we (men) do so as to not show the bottoms of their shoes to anyone. Furthermore he said 'This is your fare-well kiss, you dog.' Calling someone a dog in Arab culture is far more insulting than here, it has much different and worse connotations. Its also customary for men to kiss farewell on the cheek, so implying that the 'fare-well kiss' was with a shoe was INCREDIBLY insulting. None of the articles I read succeeding in grasping the depth of the insult/incident.

Not trying to be anyone's Arab World 101 teacher :icon_tong, just pointing out just how much of disrespectful jerk that guy was.

DangerousDan

I could tell you but I would have to kill you
So I was chatting with the Iraqi guy who owns the corner shop down the road, and he confirmed what I had been speculating about the shoe-throwing incident. In the Arab culture, thats pretty much the most insulting thing he could have done. Shoes are dirty, and Arabs don't even sit cross-legged as we (men) do so as to not show the bottoms of their shoes to anyone. Furthermore he said 'This is your fare-well kiss, you dog.' Calling someone a dog in Arab culture is far more insulting than here, it has much different and worse connotations. Its also customary for men to kiss farewell on the cheek, so implying that the 'fare-well kiss' was with a shoe was INCREDIBLY insulting. None of the articles I read succeeding in grasping the depth of the insult/incident.

Not trying to be anyone's Arab World 101 teacher :icon_tong, just pointing out just how much of disrespectful jerk that guy was.

Yeah thats what I thought when i heard it too.