• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Shoe thrown at POTUS (Bonus: find Waldo, er DDan, in the crowd)

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
The Cubs are now in contract negotiation with the Iraqi journalist. They plan to use him as their closer next year. ;)

Bevo16

pilot
Did you see the way the President smirked at him between throws. That was funny shit. He gave him a look like "You gotta be fucking kidding me...You gotta come with more heat than that."

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
"The only thing that can be confirmed is that the shoes was a size 10." Nice reporting.

-ea6bflyr ;)

Birdog8585

Milk and Honey
pilot
Contributor
Freakin nimble! It's almost like he was taunting the guy and was ready for it. The smirks in between are priceless! Gotta be on your toes in a block-3 press conference. I bet the Secret Service are havin fun with his ass right now.

DangerousDan

I could tell you but I would have to kill you
Did you see the way the President smirked at him between throws. That was funny shit. He gave him a look like "You gotta be fucking kidding me...You gotta come with more heat than that."

I had the opportunity to stand behind him and shake his hand after his speech at the palace tonight. He gave me a big grin when I told him Go Navy Beat Army.

Its been an interesting couple of weeks. Ive gotten to meet both R Lee Ermy and shake hands with the President.

snake020

Contributor
Well, I guess it's progress that the Iraqis can express themselves like that now. Nobody would have dared to throw a shoe at Saddam while he was running the show.

Bevo16

pilot
I had the opportunity to stand behind him and shake his hand after his speech at the palace tonight. He gave me a big grin when I told him Go Navy Beat Army.

I was a DB at Texas from 1998-2001, and the President (then governor) would work out in our weight room every morning when it opened at 6:30 (the best large gym in the area that the USSS could easily secure). Since I was balancing football, ROTC, 15+ hours of school, and a hyperactive social life, that was the only time during the day where I could get my weights in. "W" and I were basically lifting partners for the better part of a year. He knew my dad through some of his oil field connections, so we had plenty to talk about.

I was a government major, so it was pretty cool to talk to him first thing in the morning after his debates then go to an 8:00 "Politics and Communication" class. It was like having cheat notes when the prof would ask "What do you think the governor was thinking when he said ______." If someone would disagree with my analysis, I had a pretty funny trump card. "Well, 45 minutes ago, when we were talking about it in the weight room, he told me exactly what I just told you."

I feel pretty safe making the prediction that after his presidency is over, you are not going to see "W" meddling and sticking their nose into current business like Carter and Clinton have. He is going to go back to his ranch in Crawford (or his place next to Tom Hicks' spread in Dallas) and start counting grandchildren.

Yankee Uniform Tango
Awesome reflexes! Would've been hilarious if the Pres beat the crap out of that guy with his own shoes.

"I managed to take out the tiger with a can of mace, but the shopowner and his son, that's a different story altogether... "

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I was a DB at Texas from 1998-2001, and the President (then governor) would work out in our weight room every morning when it opened at 6:30 (the best large gym in the area that the USSS could easily secure). Since I was balancing football, ROTC, 15+ hours of school, and a hyperactive social live, that was the only time during the day where I could get my weights in. "W" and I were basically lifting partners for the better part of a year. He knew my dad through some of his oil field connections, so we had plenty to talk about.

I was a government major, so it was pretty cool to talk to him first thing in the morning after his debates then go to an 8:00 "Politics and Communication" class. It was like having cheat notes when the prof would ask "What do you think the governor was thinking when he said ______." If someone would disagree with my analysis, I had a pretty funny trump card. "Well, 45 minutes ago, when we were talking about it in the weight room, he told me exactly what I just told you."

I feel pretty safe making the prediction that after his presidency is over, you are not going to see "W" meddling and sticking their nose into current business like Carter and Clinton have. He is going to go back to his ranch in Crawford (or his place next to Tom Hicks' spread in Dallas) and start counting grandchildren.

I think he sold/in the process of selling his Crawford ranch and plans to stay in the Dallas suburbs.

Pugs

Back from the range
None
Well, I guess it's progress that the Iraqis can express themselves like that now. Nobody would have dared to throw a shoe at Saddam while he was running the show.

That was my thought. Try that a few years back with Saddam and you would be hanging from your thumbs with your balls in your mouth. Welcome to freedom. You're welcome.