• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Service Selection Results

pennst8

Next guy to ask about thumbdrives gets shot.
Contributor
pjxc415 said:
oh btw, my buddy who is a squid option said his LT emailed him today. Apparently our guys are either finding out tomorrow, 16 dec, or not til after jan 1. wtf?

What? Can anyone else confirm this?

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
Darn, im flying all day in a J3 (avatar) tomorrow. If i get any calls from the unit, im going to have to pull the power back and slow it down so i can answer it. I will not miss this call. I feel bad for the person who is flying with me cause if i get pilot or not, it is going to be a interesting flight back.

RiceOwl06

Pretty lucky your unit would actually call you. Going from experience, if my unit found out, they probably wouldnt tell me until the second week of school in January.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
mules83 said:
Darn, im flying all day in a J3 (avatar) tomorrow. If i get any calls from the unit, im going to have to pull the power back and slow it down so i can answer it. I will not miss this call.

Why do you have to slow down? Does it fly faster than the speed of light?

pennst8

Contributor
Well its only 1245... but I take it by the lack of posts that the rumor that word was forthcoming today was just that... a rumor.

Oh well.:D

flyboy21

It seems as if pennst8 is right, but not as completely right as he might think. The reason I started this thread was because I had heard a rumor (i.e. "from a friend at another unit") and I wanted to know if anyone else had heard the same thing. I intended it as a fact finding question. However, I heard today from a reliable source that although nothing came out today the units will in fact be receiving word on Monday concerning selections.

Before today I was only hoping that we would hear something today but was completely open to the possibility that it might still be weeks yet. However, after today, I feel much more confident in what was explained to me to be a no kidding deadline (*taken with a grain of salt*) of Monday.

Feel free to call BS on this one as I myself am constantly learning to always be cautiously skeptical of the Navy's timing. However, I consider the reliable source today much more reliable than "a friend from another unit" which caused me to ask my original question. For what's it worth...

pennst8

Contributor
flyboy,
I wasn't trying to knock you if that's how I came off.

Much like yourself, although I am but a lowly, lowly Midshipman, I've seen enough Navy to know how these things work. All we can do is wait.

I would have loved to find out today... the bars would have been fantastic tonight. Monday night, not so much as I will be in bumfvck Maryland (Saint Mary's County...).

The sooner we hear the better... good luck.

flyboy21

pennst8,
No offense taken at all. As far as you not being totally correct, I just meant it as a positive that we can take hope in the fairly reliable expectation of finding out Monday. Although we didn't hear today, I just wanted to say that all's not lost and hopefully the "pain" will be over soon.

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
gosh darn it, my hopes were all high, and now they are back down the gutter. i guess i will just have to drink it off......:D

WEGL

pennst8 said:
Facts are the last thing our anxious minds need right now.

More open ended speculation and rumors please!
I heard from a buddy in our unit who heard from his old man who heard from the head of CNET who heard from a vagrant yelling obscenities at people passing under his bridge that there are going to be damn few NFO slots this go around. We're all getting stuck with pilot. WHOOOO HOOOO!!! At least that's what I "heard." No, really, I did.

Av8or72Dan

^ lmao :)

The bright side to everyone not knowing yet is that it is obvious that it hasn't been put out. It would be different if some guys said that they were picked up and a few of us were still waiting.

jay741

It's 1235 and not looking good the service selection results today! I hope I can at least count on some additional speculation from those midshipmen with the "reliable" sources.

pjxc415

pilot
guess our LT in charge of service selection was getting pretty frustrated they weren't in today. sorry i got nothing of substance i know you navy boys are getting pretty antsy. i'm really looking forward to hearing about it as well.