• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Service Selection NROTC 2013

Echo24

I'm Pilot.
pilot
Who wants what? Post your GPA, ASTB, preferences, and what ever else! Good luck to all commissioning this May.

Yardstick

Is The Bottle Ready?!
pilot
So it's getting to be that time of year already? I know it can be nerve wracking waiting around to see what your future holds, but it will all be over soon. Good luck to you all!

Echo24

I'm Pilot.
pilot
Service Assignments are supposed to come to the NROTC Units in late October so realistically early November word should be officially in. Feels like waiting for acceptance/denial from colleges we applied to four years ago! Good luck to all and hope no one is worrying too much.

Carny

Captain Tyin Knots
In the past couple years we've heard around mid-October, I'm hoping that doesn't change too much this year, the sooner the better.

Echo24

I'm Pilot.
pilot
Has anyone heard if October 15th is in fact the estimated date to get word back to the units? Or will it be sometime in early November like last year?

FY 11: ~Oct 14
FY 12 ~Nov 3
FY 13: TBD?

Carny

Captain Tyin Knots
I know STA-21 is supposed to hear back the 15th, our aviation officer has suggested it should be about the same for us regular mids, I don't know if it varies from school to school but our guys heard back October 24th last year.

Echo24

I'm Pilot.
pilot
I know STA-21 is supposed to hear back the 15th, our aviation officer has suggested it should be about the same for us regular mids, I don't know if it varies from school to school but our guys heard back October 24th last year.

I agree as our Surface Warfare Officer also mentioned that ship selection this year is on Oct 24, and says that the service selections should be in at least a week prior to that day.

Carny

Captain Tyin Knots
I agree as our Surface Warfare Officer also mentioned that ship selection this year is on Oct 24, and says that the service selections should be in at least a week prior to that day.

Makes sense to me, so hopefully sometime the week of the 15th-19th

Carny

Captain Tyin Knots
Just talked to our skipper, he expect this week or next, no later than the 19th

Echo24

I'm Pilot.
pilot
Just talked to our skipper, he expect this week or next, no later than the 19th

Thats great news. Did he sound like there was a chance of word coming sometime this week? I'm going to assume that its most likely going to be late next week, but hopefully sooner! Also I wonder if word will get to you before it gets out to me on the West Coast as I see you are in school somewhere in PA. It takes awhile for word to travel from Pensacola to Arizona if its by mail... tsk tsk...

It seems like not many Mids are using air warriors these days, as these type of forums used to flourish before service selection. Maybe we are a dying breed!

Carny

Captain Tyin Knots
It seems like next week is definitely more probable, I'm hoping Monday. We might hear earlier because our skipper is heading to pensacola for something else but if he's there he'll check in on it, still shittin bricks