• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Service Assignment

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Congrats guys, enjoy your last few months of college......things will be much different soon :)

Wake

1390 SNA! Been waiting for the call since Junior High, I was working a campus job and writing parking tickets when I got the call, needless to say the rest of that parking lot got off VERY easy that day!

Congrats to all who got their service selection. For those of you going SWO sometime soon, I've got a couple of incredible friends choosing to go that route that I tired my best to join me in aviation so we wouldn't part ways, enjoy their company ya turds! ;)

As for those aspiring,

NROTC College Programmer
PSci Major
6/7/6 56
2.98 GPA

For those still pushing:
-Push hard and don't give up, I was told I wouldn't make it and given some poor advice by academic advisers. MAKE it happen. I was a college programmer with my first military affiliation at the bottom of my class after New Student Orientation, labor through and improve yourself. There is always someone willing to take your spot. Especially you juniors wanting to relax a little bit, don't get Senioritis until you get 1390!

gparks1989

pilot
Contributor
1390!

NROTC College Programmer
Major: Asian Studies & History double major
GPA: 3.96
ASTB: 6/7/7 49

I joined the ROTC program with an eye on serving and a dream to fly. I worked hard, got billets, solid PFT, studied for the ASTB etc. etc. The harder you work, the luckier you get.

Deere1450

pilot
1390!!!

Major: Finance/ Military Science Minor
GPA: 3.25
ASTB: 8/8/9-61

I'll let you know all about it tomorrow Mav24!

Outstanding category(low - medium past 3 years) PRT. Scholarship. Had some leadership activities/community service I was able to put down (outside of ROTC). PPL(pretty sure its not too much of a factor for selection).

Hope this helps. Best of luck to all the 2/c mids!

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
If you were selected for 1390 please put up your:

Major:
GPA:
ASTB Score:

so those of us who are submitting our service selection package this year know what to aim for!

How about instead you shoot for as best as you can do. Besides knowing what the selections were like this year doesn't mean shit for next year.

If you think this years x GPA with y Major and z ASTB score has ANYTHING to with what the field will look like next year, or in API, or in Primary, or advanced or the RAG, youre going have a hell of a wake up call coming.

Man up, do your best, and dont worry about what everyone else got.

Echo24

I'm Pilot.
pilot
How about instead you shoot for as best as you can do. Besides knowing what the selections were like this year doesn't mean shit for next year.

If you think this years x GPA with y Major and z ASTB score has ANYTHING to with what the field will look like next year, or in API, or in Primary, or advanced or the RAG, youre going have a hell of a wake up call coming.

Man up, do your best, and dont worry about what everyone else got.

Was waiting for a moto air warrior to give the typical suck it up and do your best speech. We all know this and its just friendly conversation on here, its interesting stuff to know. No need to hate.

mid1510

I agree with the above. Seeing these types of threads helped calm my nerves a little bit about service assignment. It's kind of like a college posting their average SAT scores for admission.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
Was waiting for a moto air warrior to give the typical suck it up and do your best speech. We all know this and its just friendly conversation on here, its interesting stuff to know. No need to hate.

There is a reason you hear it over and over and over again.

When you get to primary are you going to try harder if you know your NSS is low? Are you going to slack off if you know its high?
If the answer is yes, I wouldn't want to fly with you

Does it matter what the GPA of this year's SNAs are?

NO. Because things change year over year so drastically. The average GPA this year could be exactly the same as last year. OR it could be completely different. Also consider that sometimes it doesn't matter at all what your GPA was or your major. I was selected for pilot with a history degree. Yet for the same commissioning year (Dec. 08) I know people at other schools who had higher GPAs in engineering programs, with higher ASTB scores who ended up SWO and NFO.

So before you get all ass chapped about someone telling you to just do your best and not worry about other people, make sure your seeing the whole picture.

KBayDog

1390!

NROTC College Programmer
Major: Asian Studies & History double major
GPA: 3.96
ASTB: 6/7/7 49

I joined the ROTC program with an eye on serving and a dream to fly. I worked hard, got billets, solid PFT, studied for the ASTB etc. etc. The harder you work, the luckier you get.

We need to make this a sticky. In fact, we need to make it the first thing anyone reads when they register for the site.