• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Service Assignment

Coach

All,

Does anyone have any information on when the NROTC class of 2012 will receive our designators?

I'm confused... Did you get selected for the NROTC that meet last month (August 2011)? What do you mean by designator? It sounds like you are going to grad. from college for 2012, am I right?

I'm new to this so the wording can confuse me. My son is waithing on the selection board now, he is a senior in HS.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Designator describes what your job will be in the Navy. Current college seniors are waiting on the selection board to adjourn and release their selections.

OscarMyers

None
Skipper told us board convenes next week, Expect results to be released mid October. But it is the Navy so give it plus or minus a month.

Deere1450

pilot
All,

Does anyone have any information on when the NROTC class of 2012 will receive our designators?

Not soon enough! I think last year our unit found out 'round 13OCT, and the year before that was something similar (+/- a few days). Either way, I'm cracking a cold one once I get word, with the intent of exceeding moderation!

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
At my old unit, spring graduates normally found out around the nov/dec prior. I was a winter quarter grad so I ended up finding out in sept/oct timeframe IIRC

mid1510

Thanks everyone. The last gouge I heard was that the boards are meeting this week and results can take as long as November. To my knowledge, all FY12 grads will hear at the same time. Can anyone verify?

cameron172

pilot
Thanks everyone. The last gouge I heard was that the boards are meeting this week and results can take as long as November. To my knowledge, all FY12 grads will hear at the same time. Can anyone verify?

I have heard the same information as above. Boards are meeting now and results are shooting to be released Oct. 15, probably the week after since it's a Saturday this year. It is the Navy though, so my advisor told us not to worry unless we haven't heard by November 1. Needless to say, the majority of my meager stipend will be spent on adult beverages should a "1390" or "1370" be next to my name!

Deere1450

pilot
When the designators are released to us, do we find out if we are on IRR as well? Or does that come later down the road...

Yardstick

Is The Bottle Ready?!
pilot
we found out our irr status in march i believe, so unless something has changed, no you should find out at a later date

Hawk12

None
I have heard the same information as above. Boards are meeting now and results are shooting to be released Oct. 15, probably the week after since it's a Saturday this year. It is the Navy though, so my advisor told us not to worry unless we haven't heard by November 1. Needless to say, the majority of my meager stipend will be spent on adult beverages should a "1390" or "1370" be next to my name!

I may have to start saving, they still are working out the "overpay" kinks in my meager stipend! A bit anxious to know that we will most likely know this month!

Deere1450

pilot
Thanks. I was seeing if any of these other mids had some insider knowledges via their unit. Seems like we are being kept in the dark a bit. And I'm right there with you Hawk.

Deere1450

pilot
Many of the wise AirWarriors will advise us mids frequently and bluntly to get used to it.

I meant our unit specifically, as compared to other units. But, the above did crossed my mind ten seconds after posting. I think I was due for a reality check anyhow.