• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SERE school (Survival, Escape, Resistance, Evasion)

mwardakpsi

Get money, get paid!!!
None
When you do, point out at least one factual error I noticed. He said Michael Durant was in captivity for "several weeks." Michael Durant was held there for eleven days.

Durant ended up writing book that is worth the read. It's called
In the Company of Heroes.

I went through SERE 6 months ago. Everyone signs an NDA now. They even sent an enlisted sailor home on the second day of class because there was something wrong with his security clearance. Pretty much everything taught there is secret, for the protection of future POWs.

So six months ago you didn't pay attention to any presentation whatsoever, did you? Maybe they might call you back for a requal soon....

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Advanced SERE/Evasion

Has anyone been and can give some info the course? Can take this offline to pm/email if need be, I'm just trying to see if this would be a good course to go to/send a few pilots and/or aircrew to.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
The one I was referring to is advanced evasion. I know it's commonplace to call it advanced SERE but it's not technically since it doesn't have the RTL.

I'm looking at it to see if sending a pilot(s) and/or aircrew would be good for training opportunities with the rest of the squadron afterwords, or if these follow-on courses are tailored for guys with a very specific skillset.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
3 days in the field near El Centro? Whew! I wouldn't want to do that anytime between March and November...

Bevo16

pilot
I know several guys who have done it. They said that it was good training, but still sucked. A good way to drop a few lbs, but not earth shattering stuff. It's boy scout training on steroids.

Pags

N/A
pilot
I know a few folks who have done it, said they enjoyed it, but they were outdoorsy kind of folks who like running through the woods (personally, I'd love to go).

ProwlerPilot

pilot
Looking for a NAM and the hatred of JOPA huh?! "Hey guys, I just got us a couple billets for follow on SERE! Congratulations! Smith, Jones, Sampson, you report Monday!"

Don't know anything about the training..... just the reaction of being sent back to Warner Springs!

Rugger

Super Moderatress
Super Moderator
Contributor
There's an Advanced Evasion class in Maine that's taught during the summer time. Is that the class to which you're referring?

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Now, doing it in the summer in Maine would be fun. Especially later in the summer when the mosquitoes are gone. I went rafting up there in June and those fuckers hold you at gunpoint and take your wallet. By August, though, I don't think I saw any. Blackflies, sure, but not many and no mosquitoes. Come to think of it, though, it probably helped that it was the middle of a huge drought.

I guess it's done on the same grounds as SERE? That might be neat, too. Beautiful country up there; it'd be nice to appreciate it when you're not having to play sneaky-sneak.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Looking for a NAM and the hatred of JOPA huh?! "Hey guys, I just got us a couple billets for follow on SERE! Congratulations! Smith, Jones, Sampson, you report Monday!"

Don't know anything about the training..... just the reaction of being sent back to Warner Springs!
I could see the extremely motivated soul getting funding for themselves. Sending fellow JOs who didn't want to go . . . that's just wrong.