• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Sept '15 IDC Board

Matthew10

@NavyOffRec is spot on. Called my OR today, he said people don't get denied for the 368 expiring just after the boad date. The package is considered complete if the date on the 368 is after the board date is all.

On a related note, and much to my happiness, I did in fact submit a new 368! It expires March 2016. Stupid me didn't make a copy like I normally do...

Nice!

Leon

Filthy No-Qual SWO
Supposedly it was going to convene on Monday, and nobody has said anything about it being moved to December. Results should be back early October.

Sal189379

The wait continues....Let us discuss options; degrees. I have seen a great deal of discussion on the emphasis of tech degrees. My current Master's of Cybersecurity focus's on networking, tactics and defenses. STEM is not related to this degree. On my current degree path I can complete my MAS in 16 months. A concern of mine, is by that time I would be 38. It is plausible I could finish this by 16 months and maintain a 4.00 average but it would take a tremendous amount of devotion.

More than likely, I could finish an AA degree in less time with emphasis on technology. What I am considering as alternative to this; Is to complete an Associate's in one of the following:

ManiCanToo

The wait continues....Let us discuss options; degrees. I have seen a great deal of discussion on the emphasis of tech degrees. My current Master's of Cybersecurity focus's on networking, tactics and defenses. STEM is not related to this degree. On my current degree path I can complete my MAS in 16 months. A concern of mine, is by that time I would be 38. It is plausible I could finish this by 16 months and maintain a 4.00 average but it would take a tremendous amount of devotion.

More than likely, I could finish an AA degree in less time with emphasis on technology. What I am considering as alternative to this; Is to complete an Associate's in one of the following:

I would think your degree would fall under STEM. T is technology and your degree is just that. What's your undergrad degree in? GPA? OAR?

Matthew10

My degree doesn't fall under STEM either but it did involve some Intel technology and collection methods so I hope they look at that. With my degree in Intel and having Intel background I hope this is enough. It looks like we all stack up and have pros and cons to our stats but it's whatever the board is looking for at the time. I hope we hear something soonish!

Nuke2IDC

My degree is in business which is completely irrelevant to STEM obviously but between my OAR score and prior service as a nuke my recruiter thought I had as good a chance as any. On another note, my recruiter just called and told me that there was some confusion about what schools I went to on my sf-86 and it wasn't fixed in time for this board. I had previously been told that my application was submitted a long time ago so perhaps you all may want to call yours and confirm that you are in fact being considered for this board. This was the first I heard from him in well over a month. He did say that the number of applicants considered in the last 2-3 boards was very small so I would think that would work in the favor of anyone applying in this Sep or Dec board.

exNavyOffRec

My degree is in business which is completely irrelevant to STEM obviously but between my OAR score and prior service as a nuke my recruiter thought I had as good a chance as any. On another note, my recruiter just called and told me that there was some confusion about what schools I went to on my sf-86 and it wasn't fixed in time for this board. I had previously been told that my application was submitted a long time ago so perhaps you all may want to call yours and confirm that you are in fact being considered for this board. This was the first I heard from him in well over a month. He did say that the number of applicants considered in the last 2-3 boards was very small so I would think that would work in the favor of anyone applying in this Sep or Dec board.

you might want to poke around the site a bit, there was another nuke that wanted to go IDC but the nuke background wasn't enough to get him that pro Y and he had a tech degree, the board barely looks at the OAR, they mainly look at degree, GPA, then items like LOR's, statements, etc....

If you have a very high GPA there is always a chance though.

If you qualify for other designators look at those as well, IDC has a fraction of the overall billets that go to OCS

AFChris

Here's to hoping that we hear something before 10 October!

What are you hopefuls doing while the time passes? Hopefully not counting down the days, we could be waiting a while for the release (if the board met :/). For me, I am just finishing up my Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, just a few weeks left in this Capstone course. Don't we all love a well put together system design and proposal? I don't, project management isn't exactly my cup of tea. But as we all know: I'll play the game (aka shut-up and color).

As far as working out goes...I'll do more of that when I graduate on 15 November. Those three kids of mine keep me rather busy...need to work in time to workout before going to bed at 2 AM most nights.

The Air Force dropped a self-paced NCO Academy reading course on me this past July. Has to be completed by end of June 2016, I'll begin that process on 2 November as 1 November is the last day of the Bachelor's Capstone.

I hope the time is passing quickly for you all!

Matthew10

I'm pretty much counting down the days...haha. I've been working out, continuing studies and research and working Intel missions. Sounds like you have your hands full, that should make time go by faster!

AFChris

Day seven since 21 sep. Isn't the norm for release around 10 days? If so, we should be hearing back any day now... I know... I know....This is all dependent on if the board was held on time.

Matthew10

Day seven since 21 sep. Isn't the norm for release around 10 days? If so, we should be hearing back any day now... I know... I know....This is all dependent on if the board was held on time.

I was reading elsewhere on AW and saw sometimes an upward of a month or more before being notified (could have been because board wasn't held on time). 10 days would be awesome though haha.

tmcgee7

Nuke MM1
After reading this i checked BOL out of habit, and my results were there. Hope you guys have better luck than I did.