• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Sept '15 IDC Board

navyhaz

After reading this i checked BOL out of habit, and my results were there. Hope you guys have better luck than I did.

Pro rec N are not common via your Bol view. The only way to know is if you see a Y. No's are pushed after the Y's which means results were released within the past 96 hours. I'm not sure how your seeing your results as a fleet applicant. Even command view would not show that. This is unless it's changed since last year.

Matthew10

Oh ok. Hmm that could be right. Maybe someone will chime in in a minute and let us know. I was thinking if it doesn't go through the same board that maybe he was trying to get a commission a different way therefore his results come out differently, meaning the rest of us are still waiting till ours come out for last weeks board.

AFChris

Perhaps @tmcgee7 could post a pic regarding his results minus any PII that could be lurking on that page. Was it a definite Pro Rec-N for the 21 Sep 15 OCS IDC Board?

Recruiters, oh experienced ones, could you tell us if the results released?

navyhaz

Oh ok. Hmm that could be right. Maybe someone will chime in in a minute and let us know. I was thinking if it doesn't go through the same board that maybe he was trying to get a commission a different way therefore his results come out differently, meaning the rest of us are still waiting till ours come out for last weeks board.

Yea. His interview process was considered a board. The players involved in making selections are not always the same. The IDC is different where each designators OCM is a non voting member of the board but review packages as they come in. I'm going to receive backlash for this next statement but.... The OCM has a say in what packages get reviewed and which ones don't. I only know this because of conversations I had after my selection with my OCM. it wasn't said verbatim but implied... And you can formulate assumptions from there...

Matthew10

Yea. His interview process was considered a board. The players involved in making selections are not always the same. The IDC is different where each designators OCM is a non voting member of the board but review packages as they come in. I'm going to receive backlash for this next statement but.... The OCM has a say in what packages get reviewed and which ones don't. I only know this because of conversations I had after my selection with my OCM. it wasn't said verbatim but implied... And you can formulate assumptions from there...

What packages could possibly get reviewed over others? Is that based off qualification stats?

AFChris

So if I am understanding correctly, he was boarded in a different process than myself and the civilians applying for OCS?

*Scratches head* I'm a tad confused, sorry. I'm trying to now gauge if I should give the 'ole OR a call in the morning.

exNavyOffRec

That doesn't surprise me, IDC does things a little different, I have said it before but for one board they had so many applications they gave NRC some basic minimum qualifications and had them do a cut.

navyhaz

What packages could possibly get reviewed over others? Is that based off qualification stats?

Depending on the number of applicants they will set certain qualifying marks. Like anyone with a gpa below 3.5 will not be reviewed. Anyone with an OAR below 55 will not be reviewed etc. the instruction states the minimum to apply. If there are 400 applicants for 6 open spots just because you can apply does not mean you will be reviewed or considered. They have to weed out the weak.

Matthew10

Depending on the number of applicants they will set certain qualifying marks. Like anyone with a gpa below 3.5 will not be reviewed. Anyone with an OAR below 55 will not be reviewed etc. the instruction states the minimum to apply. If there are 400 applicants for 6 open spots just because you can apply does not mean you will be reviewed or considered. They have to weed out the weak.

Dang, hope they didn't do that

exNavyOffRec

So if I am understanding correctly, he was boarded in a different process than myself and the civilians applying for OCS?

*Scratches head* I'm a tad confused, sorry. I'm trying to now gauge if I should give the 'ole OR a call in the morning.

no, AD USN (and now reserve USN) are required to get interviews (essentially a board) by those designators they wish to apply to, then the application is sent to NRC where all (civ, AD) are reviewed together.

exNavyOffRec

perfect example, the one I referenced they made a GPA cutoff of 3.0 or something, anything below was turned down automatically.

AFChris

But if his BOL is showing a Pro Rec-N then the final results should be out? Would they say no to one AD person without releasing all of the results? Silly IDC board...keeps us on our feet.

navyhaz

So results have been released...at least to AD so far

I'm going to say no. There is no way someone outside of the command triad would have a "no" result posted. No's are not reflected on regular BOL accounts. You either see "y" or nothing at all.

AFChris

I'm going to say no. There is no way someone outside of the command triad would have a "no" result posted. No's are not reflected on regular BOL accounts. You either see "y" or nothing at all.

My hopes are not yet crushed! I'm still calling in the morning :p