• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Sept '15 IDC Board

AFChris

After reading this i checked BOL out of habit, and my results were there. Hope you guys have better luck than I did.
Sorry to hear tmcgee7.

This is my first time applying myself and I know that if denied I'll just fix some things and reapply. Here's to hoping you make that dream.

So results are out... I suspect AD Navy can easily check on their BOL, for us AD AF and civilians alike, we have to call them recruiters huh? Should my recruiter have the results if I call tomorrow? Typically, does BOL results get posted at the same time recruiters find out?

tmcgee7

Nuke MM1
Sorry to hear tmcgee7.

This is my first time applying myself and I know that if denied I'll just fix some things and reapply. Here's to hoping you make that dream.

So results are out... I suspect AD Navy can easily check on their BOL, for us AD AF and civilians alike, we have to call them recruiters huh? Should my recruiter have the results if I call tomorrow? Typically, does BOL results get posted at the same time recruiters find out?

Thanks, but i knew my chances going into the application. Definitely a hard field to break into. Now i have to hope for my backup plan of Nuke LDO. A little late, but here were my stats for comparison:
Previously applied STA-21 SWO-ED 2012 OCS Nuke 2013
1st IDC OCS application for IW, Intel, SWO(IW)
11.5 year navy Nuke MM1 (31 y.o.)
B.S. in Nuclear Engineering Technology 3.3
Boarded w/ 1 1810 CDR, 1830 CDR, 1810 LT
OAR: 60

tmcgee7

Nuke MM1
What's that mean? The folks who reviewed your kit at the board or the folks who wrote recommendations?
The Interview Appraisal Board. My command made me do it like a STA21 or LDO package where i do a formal board with three officers and they fill out the NAVCRUIT 1131/5, because thats how they are used to doing officer packages. Definitely not necessary to do it that way for OCS.

Matthew10

The Interview Appraisal Board. My command made me do it like a STA21 or LDO package where i do a formal board with three officers and they fill out the NAVCRUIT 1131/5, because thats how they are used to doing officer packages. Definitely not necessary to do it that way for OCS.

Stats don't look bad. I'm guessing it must have been something with the interview itself? Keep trying man.

exNavyOffRec

Stats don't look bad. I'm guessing it must have been something with the interview itself? Keep trying man.

with around a 10% selection rate it is hard to get in, if a person doesn't get a pro Y on the first try the odds of getting a pro Y for that same designator on subsequent applications just gets worse.

That GPA is actual low compared to people I have seen or had get selected.

AFChris

with around a 10% selection rate it is hard to get in, if a person doesn't get a pro Y on the first try the odds of getting a pro Y for that same designator on subsequent applications just gets worse.

Are you suggesting either:
1. The board members are the same from year to year (I personally doubt this)
2. The application is tracked and the board members can see that you have applied in the past.

Also, with tmcgee7 seeing his results on the BOL would you say it's a good chance my OR will know in the AM?

AFChris

@Leon, congrats on that first Pro Rec-Y. Let us know what the outcome is tomorrow. I will be sure to post my result when I find out.

exNavyOffRec

Are you suggesting either:
1. The board members are the same from year to year (I personally doubt this)
2. The application is tracked and the board members can see that you have applied in the past.

Also, with tmcgee7 seeing his results on the BOL would you say it's a good chance my OR will know in the AM?

There is usually overlap of board members and if you write a reconsideration letter they will also know, but in general if an application isn't good enough to get picked up the first time, with no changes why would it get picked up at another board? There will always be a steady stream of new candidates and many will be great. There is a bad rumor that if you keep applying the board will see your persistence and pick you, well the fact is the board doesn't care how many times you apply, they are there to pick the best qualified candidates they have in front of them.

AFChris

reconsideration letter

Ahh, the reconsideration letter, not something I have had to deal with as this is my first time applying. Here's to hoping that I get picked up first time then!

I'm confused now.

I'm going to take a stab in the dark here: tmcgee7 is AD Navy and had the interview appraisal board, since we are not AD Navy we did not have to go through that process. With that being said, yes, AD Navy (who have appraisals/interviews) compete against us AF folks and civilians alike within the same IDC board.

Perhaps I am clueless as to what the interview appraisal board is?