• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Sen. Schumer gas for electric car trade in program?

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
I’d rather we spend the money on improving the infrastructure for EVs assuming that is the route we are going. I have an idea of A NYC sidewalk looking like this with all the extension cords running to cars!

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
An instructor I just worked with two weeks has 3 Tesla's... and buying a 4th next year. He rattled off some pretty impressive stats on it, including the low cost of owner if you keep it 5 years or longer.
He's a gear head and amateur auto racer... and is completely sold on Tesla. It was pretty fun to listen to him talk about driving, owning, and racing them. I've never driven one but he's got me convinced to go give it a test drive.

If you get a Tesla used, make sure you know what you are getting.

Tesla reportedly removing paid-for features after used-car sales

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Tesla a value after 5 years? How long do they say the batteries will last now and how much to change them out? Have not seen the data lately, but it sure didn't seem like it was worth keeping until a battery swap was necessary.

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
Tesla's are cool toys, honestly. I have no need or utility for one as do many of the people who own them where I live.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Tesla's are cool toys, honestly. I have no need or utility for one as do many of the people who own them where I live.
Right now they are more like private aircraft. Most can have some utility to the owner. But utility or not, most are optional in business and always for fun or some other emotional reward. And usually paid for with idle money.

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
Tesla a value after 5 years? How long do they say the batteries will last now and how much to change them out? Have not seen the data lately, but it sure didn't seem like it was worth keeping until a battery swap was necessary.

I have a Prius and I've had to replace the traction battery (the big battery pack). Straight from Toyota you're looking at $5k+. Thankfully there is an aftermarket for these batteries. I was able to find a business that specializes in reman, rebuilt and new battery packs. They all include warranties and the company came to my house to do the swap. Cost of the new battery pack was less than half of what Toyota wanted to charge. They also stand behind their warranty. When I replaced the battery the first time, I bought a reman pack which died within 11 months. It had a 12 month warranty and they came out and swapped in a new pack, I just paid the difference. All that to say, I'm wondering if there will be companies doing the same for the Tesla batteries.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Skip the Tesla, find a Demon (today is March 26, exactly 1 month away from National HEMI day 4/26)

In celebration of National Hemi Day (4-26), The Grand Tour with Richard Hammond and a Challenger SRT Hellcat in Italy.

And for a road trip, you need road trip music. As Golden Earring recently retired, how ‘bout a little Radar Love....

nodropinufaka

The Nissan Leaf is a very affordable electric car.

climate change and carbon footprint are huge risks to global security and fragility especially in the Indopacific.

it’s in the best interest of national security to reduce carbon footprints.

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
The Nissan Leaf is a very affordable electric car.

climate change and carbon footprint are huge risks to global security and fragility especially in the Indopacific.

it’s in the best interest of national security to reduce carbon footprints.

Think about the carbon footprint it takes to supply your colleagues with blow.

Think globally, act locally

nodropinufaka

Think about the carbon footprint it takes to supply your colleagues with blow.

Think globally, act locally

Yes thank you for pointing that out. Drug trafficking is a major problem and I am very against it. I am also very against drug use. I don’t know why everyone took what I was saying about drugs in the other thread wrong. In fact, I reported the drug use but the company doesn’t have a drug policy so what were they going to do?

In no way do I support it. The WA state army and meth trafficking is one of the big reasons for the current coup in Myanmar and also human rights abuses across the globe.

It also contributes to a huge amount of issues that opens the door for China to get footholds in the smaller countries.

edit: I also used to work for the DEA and have busted hundreds of drug traffickers.