• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Sen. Schumer gas for electric car trade in program?

Gonzo08

*1. Gangbar Off
None
Ford needs to apologize to the automotive community for calling a 4-door hatchback a Mustang. Effing ridiculous . . .
I don't understand why gear heads are so butt-hurt about the "Mustang" label on the Mach-E.

It's their car, they can call it whatever the fuck they want. Do people think it's going to devalue the traditional Mustang in some way?

Edit: especially since the car is pretty badass from what I've seen.

Last edited:

Treetop Flyer

pilot
I don't understand why gear heads are so butt-hurt about the "Mustang" label on the Mach-E.

It's their car, they can call it whatever the fuck they want. Do people think it's going to devalue the traditional Mustang in some way?

Because the mustang has always been a sports coupe, not a four door hatchback. I personally don’t care because I’m probably never going to buy a Ford car, but it does seem like a pretty stupid marketing idea to tie in the brand name of their most successful lines ever to something that doesn’t remotely resemble what a mustang is.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Tell me how much you enjoy being an F/A-18 pilot in the Air Force. :)

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Meh... the original Mustang was a tarted up economy car (Falcon) with an average-for-the-time chassis and an average engine, albeit really good looking styling. The next one was a bloated muscle car with a great engine but below average brakes and handling (what could possibly go wrong) and forgettable. The one after that returned to the tarted up economy car roots... then the Fairmont/Fox one after that was a really great car.

The two doors vs four doors thing is valid. If you like driving and owning two door cars then you'll understand; if you're not a two door fan then maybe you won't get the fuss.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
Half a trillion seems pretty steep, but I'd definitely like some more options for American EVs than we presently have: a Tesla or a Chevy Bolt (a $36,000 subcompact that is about to fully phase out its EV tax credit). Here is an artist's depiction of what I look like in a subcompact:

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Here is an artist's depiction of what I look like in a subcompact:
FIFY

source.gif