• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Sen. Schumer gas for electric car trade in program?

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Skip the Tesla, find a Demon (today is March 26, exactly 1 month away from National HEMI day 4/26)

Say it isn’t so. Dodge to quit building HEMI V-8’s.

Dodge Is Cancelling The Hemi V8​

1640636312739.jpeg

Of course in the UK, you have….

UK Government Transport Minister Trudy Harrison recently spoke at a mobility conference, addressing the future of personal mobility. In her comments, she said it was necessary to ditch the "20th-century thinking centred around private vehicle ownership and towards greater flexibility, with personal choice and low carbon shared transport."

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Awaiting Governor Inslee’s signature is a bill to ban all non-electric cars from model year 2030 onwards in the state of Washington.

Washington Takes Another Stab at Banning Gas Cars​

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Awaiting Governor Inslee’s signature is a bill to ban all non-electric cars from model year 2030 onwards in the state of Washington.

I don’t know…good luck with that.

AIRMMCPORET

Plan “A” Retired

The Governor of my state is such an idiot.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I don’t know…good luck with that.
The Governor of my state is such an idiot.
Sigh . . . come on, people. Reading is fundamental. I've never voted for Inslee in my life, and last year I wrote in a protest vote against him and that fucking nutjob Culp. But if you're honestly going to make me hold my nose and stick up for the guy in this case, I'll go and get the air freshener. Because this is all fake news.

That law didn't ban all non-electric cars from 2030. It directed the formulation of a plan to get rid of non-electric cars after 2030. A paper plan which has no force of law. Not a ban. It's political pandering, no more.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Sigh . . . come on, people. Reading is fundamental. I've never voted for Inslee in my life, and last year I wrote in a protest vote against him and that fucking nutjob Culp. But if you're honestly going to make me hold my nose and stick up for the guy in this case, I'll go and get the air freshener. Because this is all fake news.

That law didn't ban all non-electric cars from 2030. It directed the formulation of a plan to get rid of non-electric cars after 2030. A paper plan which has no force of law. Not a ban. It's political pandering, no more.
Any idea how similar the California legislation is to Washington?

On a related note, as the automotive sector goes electric, wonder if the supply of lithium and other necessary metals will be sufficient?

California to Ban the Sale of New Gasoline Cars​

The decision, to take effect by 2035, will very likely speed a wider transition to electric vehicles because many other states follow California’s standards.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Any idea how similar the California legislation is to Washington?

On a related note, as the automotive sector goes electric, wonder if the supply of lithium and other necessary metals will be sufficient?

California to Ban the Sale of New Gasoline Cars​

The market will adjust, as it usually does.