• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Selections

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
Retread's new Patch:

images

Pags

N/A
pilot
HAL Pilot said:
When did this start? We all wore them back in the early 1980s while in flight school.
I think it started when there was a short supply and the have nots, who were jealous of the haves, started calling it a bad luck thing.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
BigIron said:
Do you guys use the HUD AN/AVS 7? in your goggles too?

All the other communities do use it and from what I hear like it. I only had one instructor coming up even reccomend it and only in the front seat (no HUD in front). I tried it once but hated the extra weight the bulk it added to head movements and I found it very vertigo inducing, if straight and level and I look down and left it shows straight and level.
I think most guys are at the old dog and new tricks when it comes to the ANVIS HUD and since the old dogs are teaching the new dogs it doesnt get used much and since it doesnt get used it doesnt get MAF'd, I would be surprised if very many of them worked because of that.

Pags

N/A
pilot
skidkid said:
All the other communities do use it and from what I hear like it. I only had one instructor coming up even reccomend it and only in the front seat (no HUD in front). I tried it once but hated the extra weight the bulk it added to head movements and I found it very vertigo inducing, if straight and level and I look down and left it shows straight and level.
I think most guys are at the old dog and new tricks when it comes to the ANVIS HUD and since the old dogs are teaching the new dogs it doesnt get used much and since it doesnt get used it doesnt get MAF'd, I would be surprised if very many of them worked because of that.
Used it a few times in the sims...I didn't like the AI on it due to what you're referring o skid...or if its showing straight and level and you decide to tilt your head. Nice little mind ****. But, after I decluttered it, I liked having Q and a radalt right there without having to look down.

Pags

N/A
pilot
skidkid said:
The big cord doesnt bother you?
Like I said, only used it in the sims and only for maybe 2hrs total, so I didn't get a chance to really figure out all of my likes and dislikes, the one thing that stood out was the vertigo inducing AI...I've also only used goggles in the sim, so most of the time was spent cursing the ****ty loner helmet, the heavy goggles, and my inability to hover the sim.